Solved

when will my new sim/phone package get activated?

• 5 September 2023
  • 18 replies

Badge

Hi

Picked up my new and sim from currys yesterday, having purchased online via carphonewarehouse. Assistant said sim should be active within the hour. Nothing yet. I tried to register with the app, but I do not have a temporary ID phone number? A bit stuck at the moment as to what to do. I have had no welcome to ID mobile email, so hoping it has gone through ok?

Any suggestions as to what should happen gratefully accepted.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by alant 5 September 2023, 15:10

View original

18 replies

Badge

If it helps, I am porting my number from Three. I supplied the pac code at checkout.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Strange @alant - new iD SIM cards are usually supplied already activated, because iD charge line rental from the time of SIM activation, which is normally the date of dispatch.

Does the SIM work in another handset? 

Does a different SIM work in your new handset?

Badge

I will check as soon as I get back from work. Thanks for the input.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If it helps, I am porting my number from Three. I supplied the pac code at checkout.

Did iD Mobile send confirmation of the date for your number transferring from Three to iD?

Was today the date for your number transfer? 
If yes, then it’s worth mentioning that number transfers aren’t immediate, and can sometimes take up until 10pm to be completed @alant

Badge

Hi

I have had nothing from ID mobile😔

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah well, a new iD SIM card would normally be already activated and ready to use. 
As before try the new SIM in another handset, and try another non-iD SIM in the new handset. 

🤞

Badge

Thanks for the help.

I will report back later…..

Badge

The new I'd sim does not work in old phone. My old 3 sim does work in new phone. Looks like the sim was not activated.

Any thoughts on next move?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could check activation status of the new iD SIM card using the online Live Chat, or via their social media channels using Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Badge

Cheers. Will give it a go.

Badge

Well that was fun  Not.

After nearly an hour, finally got the sim activated., but no account details to set up the app and port my old number. I asked about a welcome email with new contract details, but was told they can't set up new account as going through checks and I would need to cancel carphonewarehouse? 

Very frustrated and seriously looking at my cancellation options. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’d normally be able to submit your PAC online. 

Do this at https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/.

As you purchased from Carphone Warehouse, you might not have received an iD transaction number, which is required to use the online form.

For Carphone returns it’s as below:-

Badge

I did not get a trandaction number, so how on earth am I meant to proceed?? The operator was no help in this regard.

I appreciate your input @andewhite Thank you

Such a frustrating situation.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD transaction number starts with “4”, and is usually on the iD SIM card’s invoice.

You should also be able to submit a PAC using the iD Live Chat support, otherwise perhaps try messaging iD support privately via Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.
With the iD online chat, you can type “talk to a person” (after connecting) to avoid the bot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @alant 

In this case it might be worth visiting the store again, was this by change an order online to be collected in store?

If so, there might be some final checks the team haven’t completed which would then send through the activation to our side.

Tom

Badge

And so it continues..…

Went back to store and sure enough the guy had not finished the sign off. Very helpful girl did it and very soon got email from iD. She said it should now all go through. Yesterday got contract email. Big problem that the id no on that is different to the one on the sim supplied. I was assured it was all under control and my old ported number would be active by 6pm.

My old sim went dead in old phone, but not appearing on the new sim despite numerous restarts. Back on chat again today and once again explained the issues and was assured it was all sorted and my old number would be active on my new sim within the hour. We'll this did not happen either. What else can I do??? That is 3x I have been through it all on chat!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps you could make a complaint, using the online form, about these problems @alant

iD Mobile claim most complaints not resolved in the initial conversation, can be resolved within 7 days.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @alant,

We are sorry to hear this.

If you still require assistance, please let us know and we can send you a PM.

We can also look at raising the complaint for you if you haven’t already raised one.

Please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?