Solved

WiFi Calling

• 5 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Would you please be able to check whether WiFi calling is provisioned on my account/Android 10 phone.

I am unable to configure or use WiFi Calling.

Thanks,

Brian

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 January 2022, 11:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @BDRichardson,

Have you checked iD support your device with Wi-Fi Calling?

I suggest looking at the Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling community article, which has a list of devices iD support for Wi-Fi Calling.

Anyway, good luck. 

Yes, Sony XZ3 listed and firmware up to date.

Thank you @andewhite 👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay thanks @BDRichardson, I’ve got an iPhone and Wi-Fi Calling service is a life-saver at my home address.

I know Samsung A51 and S10 work with Wi-Fi Calling service without any intervention.

Where did you get your Sony Xperia XZ3 handset?

Good luck.

I bought the handset, brand new and sealed from an independent retailer.

I understand it to be an EU unlocked as new H9436 dual SIM model.

We have some Apple phones in the household which work with WiFi Calling just fine. To be honest Apple isn't for me. I prefer my phone to be minimalist without any of the bloatware cr@p. Which was the primary motivation for purchasing this device.

I guess I might just have to bite the bullet and flash it with something like LineageOS.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @BDRichardson, wasn’t suggesting using an iPhone, but your XZ3 sounds like it’s a grey import, which wasn’t intended for the UK marketplace. 

Any unlocked XZ3 purchased through a UK retail channel would work with iD Wi-Fi Calling.

Sounds like you’ve got the situation in-hand using a LineageOS flash - anyway, good luck. 

I didn't know what a grey import was before now. I suppose the firmware might have been tweaked by Sony and thus hampering its ability to utilise WiFi Calling.

I didn't really think this would be something that ID Mobile was restricting.

Thank you for reassuring me.

Why iD Mobile?