Solved

WiFi Calling

I have a Samsung S20 and the WiFi Calling usually works very well.  But sometimes it doesn't connect, no symbol on the screen, and a bad connection as the signal around here is almost non existent.  Any ideas why WiFi Calling is sometimes not available? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 10 May 2022, 01:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Whenever I have issues with the iD Wi-Fi Calling service, it’s usually because my Wi-Fi router is misbehaving, or has rebooted itself, or received an update from my broadband supplier.

I can usually rectify these issues by putting my phone into Airplane Mode and turning OFF my phone’s Wi-Fi for several minutes.

I am not aware if any router issues, but I will try your suggestions.

I have tried restarting the phone but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thank you.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does the problem with Wi-Fi network connections on your S20 phone happen elsewhere, or is it only an issue at one location?

I haven't noticed it anywhere else, but then the problem really is at home where the ordinary signal is poor.  Thanks for your suggestion, I will explore that possibility.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve relied on Wi-Fi Calling at home for the last 5 years, living in a mobile network not-spot.

In my situation I’ve found Wi-Fi Calling works best if I’ve got my phone in Airplane Mode with Wi-Fi ON - being closer to the Wi-Fi router also helps.

The only downside to using Airplane Mode at home is remembering to turn it OFF, when I leave the house. 

Thank you, I will try that.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’ve relied on Wi-Fi Calling at home for the last 5 years, living in a mobile network not-spot.

In my situation I’ve found Wi-Fi Calling works best if I’ve got my phone in Airplane Mode with Wi-Fi ON - being closer to the Wi-Fi router also helps.

The only downside to using Airplane Mode at home is remembering to turn it OFF, when I leave the house. 

If you have a Samsung phone you can use Bixby routines to automatically turn on airplane mode when you're at home, and turn it off when you're away from home. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you have a Samsung phone you can use Bixby routines to automatically turn on airplane mode when you're at home, and turn it off when you're away from home. 

Thanks for the tip @WelshPaul, I’ll see what Siri can do.

Why iD Mobile?