Question

WiFi calling on iphone 13

• 10 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a new iPhone 13, just joined ID. No matter what I try I am unable to have WiFi calling. Any clues please? I have obviously enabled WiFi calling on my phone, have full fibre so no problem with band width. Help?!

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD WiFi Calling service works with my iPhone 13, @Alastair Gill

It’s possible iD Mobile haven’t provisioned the services on your iD account correctly.  

Userlevel 1

Thanks I’ll contact them

Userlevel 2

Hi @Alastair Gill 

Also double check that wi-fi calling is enabled, if you haven’t already.

You can do this my going to Settings > Phone > Calls… just check its enabled

Userlevel 1

Thanks, but yes I have that checked. Just spent close to an hour on chat with someone at ID. The ultimate response was ‘go to store’🤦‍♂️

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks, but yes I have that checked. Just spent close to an hour on chat with someone at ID. The ultimate response was ‘go to store’🤦‍♂️

Okay @Alastair Gill, if you’ve just joined iD Mobile, and switched your number to iD, your iD services (such as WiFi Calling) may not have been provisioned correctly on your iD account.

Sadly this might well take a while to resolve, if this is the case. It often appears technical support isn’t one of iD Mobile’s strengths.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, the strange thing is put my sim in my wife’s phone and WiFi calling no problem. All settings the same, only difference is a slightly older phone.🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 1

Hallelujah! Sorted it. Reset my phone back to factory settings it for some reason it now works, don’t know why as everything the same as before. Thanks for comments, got there in the end!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alastair Gill 

Sorry to hear you had this experience on the chat, glad to hear you got this sorted in the end.

Thanks for the help on this @andewhite & @co99.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?