Solved

Will you be able to upgrade a phone if your phone stops charging?

My Samsung A12 has stopped charging via my charger but will still charge on another charger in the house. However that other charger has stopped working on my phone after a week but when I go to use someone else's, it still doesn't work. My phone is only charging on certain chargers. For example, If there was 10 chargers, my phone would charge on 1 or 2 but everyone else's phone will charge on the chargers that don't work for me fine. But after a day, that charger will start to work again. So Im now looking for an upgrade however ... my contract is yet to end and it at this day (2nd May 2023) is ending at September time so I can't upgrade it. The charging port is very clean and I see no visible issues with it. What do I do?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 May 2023, 21:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you asked Samsung, and checked with their support team if your handset is still under warranty?

I believe its still under warranty, Yes.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think charging faults should be covered by the warranty.

You can also discuss a repair at any Currys store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mackenzie Van Der Vliet 

The device’s condition wouldn’t affect your upgrade eligibility, the device is yours so we wouldn’t be asking for it back (unless you’d like to process a trade in).

As @andewhite suggests you may be able to take it to your local Currys store and have them send it off under it’s warranty, provided it’s less than 2 years old and has no physical/water damage.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?