Question

Wrong Number Showing Up On Iphone After PAC code Porting

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I Ported my old number (From EE to Virgin) around a month ago.

I have been using my old number (with the new SIM card) successfully for all that time.

I received a notification from apple saying that my old number would stop being associated with imessage in a few days. 

I’ve followed the advice posted in other forum items: Switching off imessage, restart phone, add the new number in the ‘contactable at’. section. 

I’m having problems with this. When I go into the ‘phone’ section, it is showing my new number (the one I don’t want), but when I edit it to the one I want, it just automatically changes it back. When I later checked the ‘contactable at’ section, they have removed my desired number from here too. 

I’ve checked my Virgin Account, and it shows the number I want as being associated with my phone, it just seems to be my iphone has not linked up. 

Please help as I can’t lose the old number!

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You mention EE and Virgin Media @jamiehenderson1993, and your Virgin Media account - you’ve posted in a user community for iD Mobile.

Are you using an iD Mobile SIM card in your iPhone?

No, sorry I thought this was just a general mobile advice forum, my apologies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a Network Reset @jamiehenderson1993?

It sounds like Apple have linked the number initially allocated by Virgin Media to your iPhone, and not the number you want to keep.

If you sign-in with your AppleID at https://appleid.Apple.com, what number is shown as linked to your iPhone device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andewhite,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?