Solved

ID mobile eSIM is not working on iPhone 15

• 14 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I got a new iPhone 15 in contract with ID Mobil data plan from Currys store. I got a physical sim and it all worked well till the time I haven’t switched to the eSIM option. After switching to ID Mobile eSIM though the internet was working, I was unable to make or receive calls. Reached out to ID Mobile help desk 4 times, but there was resolution. Finally they asked me to switch back to physical sim. 

Now I am stuck this for 2 years as per contract. 
What a wastage of time and money.

icon

Best answer by Kash 22 May 2024, 16:59

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Just to update: Now I am able to make and receive calls from my id mobile eSIM, after setting-up eSIM once more.

Thank You!

Userlevel 1

I wanted an eSIM as I don't want to carry multiple phones all the time. I'll give it try again in next 6 months definitely. 

Thank you for your response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lokanath,

Glad to hear that this is sorted.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Have responded to the private message. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @Lokanath, what’s the problem using a physical SIM in your iPhone? 

As eSIM devices are less than 1-month old on the iD Mobile network, perhaps teething problems are greater than anticipated - maybe worth trying their eSIM option in 6-months time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lokanath 

I’m sorry to hear this, if you wish we can get in touch and investigate this on our side should you still want to explore the option of eSIM?

Please let us know.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom,

If you could still investigate the issue from your end, that would be really good.

Last time the iD Mobile help desk support told its a Compatibility issue and we can not do anything, and only option is to use a Physical SIM in place of eSIM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lokanath,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash