How do I get started with iD?

• 16 March 2018
  • 43 replies

Show first post

43 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ahkeem04,

Have you checked your email including Junk and Spam folders for updates? 

Will

I would like an update on my order request,  If the phone is going to take too long to arrive I need to know, either change the colour or cancel my order,  this is not looking good for your company. 117074994

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @Kage,

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Hi, @Ryan. Everything is clear now, thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kage,

Yes, a bundle on our website needs to be chosen in order to purchase a Pay As You Go SIM card. You can use any additional credit that you have added to your account that has not been used towards a bundle once your allowances have expired.

The 2 months mentioned is just an example of how infrequent you can top up as opposed to our SIM only contract plans and does not relate to any expiry of credit. I have included a section of the terms and conditions in relation to the expiry of credit:

12.4 Unless an additional Top-Up has been made, any unused Credit will expire after a period of 365 days from the date of purchase and unused allowances will expire as specified and this is non-refundable.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Ryan

Hi @Will, thank you for your response.

Ok, so initially I need to get one of the PAYG bundles if I want to use a PAYG SIM card.

I can read that a bundle lasts 1 month and that I can also top up my credit on the side. But what after my bundle expires and I do not get another one? Will I then be able to rely only on my top-up?

And does my credit (apart from bundle) have an expiry period? In the general Pay As You Go description I can read as follows:

(...) you're free to top up as little or as much as you want, whenever you want.

Hardly use your device? Just add £10 to your SIM every two months.

Does it mean that if I rely only on my credit, I need to top it up every 2 months, otherwise I won’t be able to make calls etc.?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Kage,

The only ones we have available are the ones you’ve seen on the website with bundles.

Will

Hi!

I’m thinking of switching from my current network to iD Mobile. I was just at a Carphone Warehouse store to get an iD Pay As You Go SIM card but was told that it is only possible to get a contract…

Well, on the website I can clearly see it is possible to get the PAYG SIM by purchasing one of 5 value bundles (https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only).

However, is it possible to get to iD Mobile without purchasing any bundle but just an initial PAYG credit? And if so, will I be able to make calls as long as my credit last or will I need to top up regularly so that the SIM’s functionality and my credit does not expire?

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed  no problem just want this sorted as soon as possible worried I’m going to be charged my full bill on the 21/03/21 when I’ve used the sim for one day 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @James95,

No worries, we’ll aim to reply as soon as we can. Please allow us some time between responses. You don’t need to send any chase messages as we’ll be replying to the oldest messages first and sending a new message will bump this to the newest causing a further delay in getting back to you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed ive replied through private message 

Userlevel 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @James95,

That’s very odd indeed.

I’ll send you a PM so we can look into this a little further as it’s the first I’ve heard of this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi I’m new to I.d I received my new pays monthly sim two days ago was all working fine till I received a text saying We are sorry to see you go - in case you still want your number, your SIM is now active on Pay As You Go. Use the iD Mobile app or My Account online to view your account. I’ve not personally closed or cancelled anything so I’m confused now my calls text etc are not working and it’s saying I need to top up can anyone please help me 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Pippo 

You should be able to download Facebook Messenger on to your phone by installing through the Facebook app -or- through separately downloading the official Facebook Messenger app from either the Android store or the App store.

Once you’ve logged in to your Facebook account, all of your Facebook contacts list should be available there as it had been on any previous device.

Why cant I transfer contacts to messenger and get the facbook on phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey iD. I have an O2 contract and I am paying a lot for it. I want to switch to iD Mobile. What's the best way off doing this? Thanks.

Hi sneaks04, welcome to our community and glad to hear you're thinking of joining the iD Family ☺️

The quickest way to do this is by calling our iD Sales Team on https://tel:+44800 049 0250.

Once you've got your contract, you can follow the steps above to keep your number and how to get started!

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hey iD. I have an O2 contract and I am paying a lot for it. I want to switch to iD Mobile. What's the best way off doing this? Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?