How does Data Rollover work?

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

What is Data Rollover?

Data Rollover is a free feature on all iD plans.
It rolls over unused monthly data to the next month, giving you a second chance to use it.

How can I get Data Rollover?

All our plans come with free Data Rollover - as well as Bill Capping and Inclusive Roaming.

You'll also get Data Rollover if you're an existing iD Mobile customer on a GoTo plan.

How does Data Rollover work?

1. Last Month

Last month you had some data left over. Data Rollover gives you a second chance to use it.

2. This Month

Your unused data is rolled over to this month, and gets used first. You've got all month to use it up.

3. Next Month

Your unused monthly data allowance always rolls over to the next month.

What's so great about Data Rollover?

• It lets you plan ahead and save data for busier months.
  • It makes you less likely to run out of data and pay extra charges.
  • It means you can choose a plan with just the right amount of data.

Data Rollover is free, and you don't have to lift a finger to set it up. It all happens automatically.

How much data can I rollover?

There's no maximum limit to how much data you can roll over to the next month.

How long does my rolled over data last?

Your rolled over data will last a month. If you don't use up all your Rollover data, it expires at the end of each month.

Which of my allowances rollover?

Your data allowances will rollover, if eligible.

How will I know how much I have rolled over?

Go to My Allowances, and click My Data to see how much you've rolled over. We add this amount to your standard UK allowances, giving you a new total amount. You'll then be able to see this information broken down between standard allowances, rollover and add-ons, to help you understand how your allowances are made up.

How will I know if I have any roll over left?

Go to My Allowances, then My Data and scroll down the screen to Rollover. You'll see a breakdown of your rollover amount. You'll only see rollover amounts from previous amounts if you're still eligible to use it. If so, it'll be included in your new standard amount for this month.

3 replies

If i buy extra   top up data will it roll over if I Don t use it all..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Renee 

No, top up data will not rollover.

Tom

Userlevel 3
Badge

Data usage and rollover data is not correctly displayed on bills or in the Web pages though total is correct:

for example from my most recent bill:

October billing

My standard allowance should show as 500MB not 0MB

and rolled over previous month should show as 129MB not 470 MB which is the amount to be rolled into next month.

In the  web page the Data usage summary does not include a line to show Rolled over data:

Usage summary

It would be clearer if after You started with.. there was another line:

You rolled over from previous month:     469.62MB

Why iD Mobile?