Solved

Can I transfer my contract to someone else?

• 20 April 2018
  • 7 replies

My contract is finished and I have been offered an upgrade. Am I able to transfer this to someone else who wants my contract? If so what the process?
icon

Best answer by Rory 4 October 2020, 10:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @pottersj 

This will be fine, the Porting a number from EE under your name to an iD number under your sons name will not be an issue.

-Mohsin

Hi

Is it still not possible to transfer an account/number?

Thank you,

Colin

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @ColinG, unfortunately not. You’re able to change Direct Debit details, but it’s not possible to transfer ownership of an account.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @ColinG 

Technically speaking.  You could get a PAC (code) for a number in your name, and then move that over to another network (on an account set up in whomever’s name you wish for the account to be under).

Though a change of name on an account itself isn’t something we can help with, as the account would be setup initially only after having run a credit check on the original named individual.

Thanks for the answer. This is incredible, it should be easy to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @katie bailey,

We're glad to hear you're thinking of upgrading with us.

We don't support change of ownership at this moment in time.

The only way to get a contract in the name of someone else would be for them to apply for a new connection on a new number. You can then cancel the existing contract.

Hope this answers your question.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1

Hi @Kevin 

I think you have answered my question here, but just to confirm. 

My son currently uses a sim on another network but the account is in my name. If he takes out a contract with iD Mobile, will iD accept the PAC from the other network to transfer the number across even though the account names are different?

Why iD Mobile?