Skip to main content

i upgraded my phone but no confirmation

• 30 June 2024
  • 1 reply

so I've gone and upgraded my phone plan to the iPhone 12 via Carphone warehouse but still with ID mobile.

i received my confirmation email, order number and  and received email saying my order is being processed. 

I haven't received anything from ID mobile about the upgrade. I want to make sure I'm not paying for 2 mobile phones 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @KatTagg Sara, welcome to Community!

Firstly, please note that “Upgrades” are only offered directly via ourselves here at iD Mobile, via the “Upgrades” tab when logged into the iD Mobile app/website. If you don’t order via this tab, or via a third party such as Carphone Warehouse, this isn’t an upgrade and is a completely new contract, therefore, you won’t be able to keep your phone number as we don’t allow same network number transfers I’m afraid.

You usually receive order confirmation within 24 hours of ordering if accepted. My best advice would be to contact us via our live-chat ASAP to check if it’s gone through and if it’s a new contract, and decide if you want to keep the new contract and new number, or cancel it and upgrade via your current contract’s account:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler