Skip to main content
Solved

Not able to access "high tier" phones

• 4 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any issues trying to upgrade their phone recently.

I previously had a contract with ID for a handset. Once this expired , I moved to the contract over to a sim only contract.

I have recently tried to reach out to them to change my phone and upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra and have been advised that because i'm on a sim only contract, i'm not eligible for this and I do not have access to "high tier" phones. However it was mentioned that new customers can access this? 

Has anyone else had any dealings with this? And/or have any suggestions with how to move forward.

I've done my research and this is the phone want.

Side note, on my ID app. It's showing that this is an option for an upgrade and does not mention this restriction but when I speak to them, they say it is not and the request for an upgrade will be rejected?? (I only mention this as on another thread, an ID rep said customers would not be able to see offers they were not eligible for... but I can see this handset as an option)

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any issues trying to upgrade their phone recently.

I previously had a contract with ID for a handset. Once this expired , I moved to the contract over to a sim only contract.

I have recently tried to reach out to them to change my phone and upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra and have been advised that because i'm on a sim only contract, i'm not eligible for this and I do not have access to "high tier" phones. However it was mentioned that new customers can access this? 

Has anyone else had any dealings with this? And/or have any suggestions with how to move forward.

I've done my research and this is the phone want.

Side note, on my ID app. It's showing that this is an option for an upgrade and does not mention this restriction but when I speak to them, they say it is not and the request for an upgrade will be rejected?? (I only mention this as on another thread, an ID rep said customers would not be able to see offers they were not eligible for... but I can see this handset as an option)

Morning @Bbennjaminn,

Unfortunately there’s no way round the Upgrade Eligibility Checks.

If you’d like to stick with iD Mobile, your best option would be to take out a new deal with a new number on an S24 Ultra, and do a triangle port, where you ‘leave iD’ and rejoin as a new customer.

Your existing iD Mobile Number → Pay as you Go SIM (From another provider e.g Vodafone) → Your new iD Contract with an S24 Ultra.

If you have a Currys nearby, I'd recommend visiting the store, as their Mobile Colleagues should be familiar with the Triangle Port process and can support.

Thanks.