Skip to main content
Solved

Plan Change

• 2 August 2024
  • 8 replies

I changed to ID mobile a month ago with 5gb plan to check I liked performance. I changed to 30gb plan knowing I could only use 25gb while roaming and it said unused data would not roll over. I am roaming at present. I received an SMS saying new plan activated followed almost immediately by another saying I had used all of my 30gb allowance whilst roaming. The app shows I have 39.9gb remaining which is impossible because without any useage at all I would have only had 35gb if data had rolled over. What is going on?

Hey @Denny 58,

Please disregard this SMS, this was sent by mistake and we’ve now resolved the issue.

Thanks.

Thank you, though I am still confused. The app shows my next bill to be £9.84 from 2/8 to 1/9, I would expect it to be £8.00. If I look in previous bills, it shows July bill £6.00, August bill (2/8 to 1/9) to be £6.00.  The app also shows I have 39.9Gb out of 30Gb remaining. I could rely on the figures in the app from my previous provider, ID Mobile app has odd data.

Your first bill will always look different after a Plan Change @Denny 58, here’s some more information:

Thanks.

Hey there @Denny 58, we hope that @Matthew T was able to help!

Please shout us if any further questions. Thank you :)

Kind regards,

Tyler

I have similar problem!! Just upgraded my daughter to 50gb plan so she can have more data abroad  She received an SMS saying new plan activated followed almost immediately by another saying she had used all of the 30gb allowance whilst roaming and we were not even landed yet. Plan in app also shows 20.3 of 50gb remaining but that can’t possibly be possible. She was on a 5gb plan. Upgraded to 50gb how can she only have 20gb remaining?? I do not want to be charged more.

I have come to the conclusion ID mobile have no idea what data has been used. My account is still showing 39.6gb out of 30gb is available, i have been roaming for 3 weeks and using it constantly. According to ID mobile I have only used 300Mb🤣

I have come to the conclusion ID mobile have no idea what data has been used. My account is still showing 39.6gb out of 30gb is available, i have been roaming for 3 weeks and using it constantly. According to ID mobile I have only used 300Mb🤣

😝 my daughter will be very happy to test out your theory!! Enjoy your roam wherever u are. 

@CliffhangerUk - your first month after a Plan Change is pro-rated, including the allowances. Here’s some more info:

Thanks.