Solved

change from contract to sim only

• 27 January 2021
  • 6 replies

i have a contract with ID which has ended and want to change to a sim only with ID how do i do this

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 29 January 2021, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Angela Wilmot,

In the last 20-days of your contract, you can upgrade your account to a SIM only.

Simply log into the app/account

Click My Account

Click Upgrade

Find the SIM only option

Then find the plan

Complete the order this way and you’ll get moved over to a SIM-only plan.

Mohammed

Hi, i think i have done this wrong then. i have cancelled the contract got a new sim in the post from you and pac code but dont know what im doing please help

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Angela Wilmot,

Before we can help, we need a better understanding of what’s happened. Could you answer the following questions for us please?:

How and when did you go about cancelling the old plan?

When did you get a PAC code?

How did you place the order for the new SIM?

Has the new SIM come with a new Number?

Cheers,

Will

Userlevel 1

I have a contract ending on 12th May, iphone7 with 2Gb data. This data plan no longer option with ID and upgraded phones packages no longer competitive. Possibility to switch to sim only continuing using iPhone 7 which I assume could be done from 1st May. As plan ends on 12th May is last payment for this taken on 13th April and only charge on 13th May would be for any charges incurred if I went over plan limit? If I move to SIM only package payment for this would then start on 13th May? If I chose to move to another provider can this be done anytime after 12th April without charge.

Userlevel 1

I have a contract ending on 12th May, iphone7 with 2Gb data. This data plan no longer option with ID and upgraded phones packages no longer competitive. Possibility to switch to sim only continuing using iPhone 7 which I assume could be done from 1st May. As plan ends on 12th May is last payment for this taken on 13th April and only charge on 13th May would be for any charges incurred if I went over plan limit? If I move to SIM only package payment for this would then start on 13th May? If I chose to move to another provider can this be done anytime after 12th April without charge.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Waywitch 

When changing providers, Please be aware that we need at least 30 day's notice before your contract ends. Once the 24-month period comes to an end we need to be given notice of your request to leave/cancel the plan. This is noted within the terms and conditions agreed to at the point of purchase so we can only advise you to check these terms to understand why the bill continues after the 24 months plan. Often, people will not want to end their plan following the 24-month period as they may want to upgrade or they may wish to take their number to another network; something that cannot be done if the plan suddenly ends.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?