Solved

Contract ending in few days

• 22 October 2022
  • 2 replies

My sim only contract is due to end in a couple of days. I am travelling abroad before my contract is finished.

I went over on the app to see my choices and i was given a few upgrades and selected a 1 month sim only rolling contract to carry me on whilst i am away and when i come back i can consider a 12 month plan.

Now my problem is as i will already be travelling would my current sim and current number carry on with the upgraded contract? Or would i be posted a new sim card? 

I already opted in for a upgrade thinking my current sim will continue however now in my order confirmation it is stating i will be updated when my order has been despatched.

Please help.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 October 2022, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Zoha77 

The above from @andewhite is all correct, you’ll be sent a new SIM but this’ll be blank, as long as it isn’t activated in the iD Mobile app you’ll be able to continue using your old SIM card.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your existing iD SIM will work, and your number will remain the same with your upgrade contract.

The only reason iD sends out a ‘new’ inactive (blank) SIM card is in case your existing SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you’re using with your upgraded iD plan.

Keep the ‘new’ SIM in a safe place, in case you need to use it one day.

Good luck @Zoha77

Why iD Mobile?