Question

End of contract email

• 29 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi, I've recieved an email to say my contract is coming to an end and if I want to stay with iD I can 'Do nothing and keep your existing service for £47.61 per month;', but I thought I'd paid the contract up in full so I should be able to stay with iD and pay nothing?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hopefully they'll make contracts like this illegal soon.

You may have paid for the handset but you will still need to pay for the airtime, data etc.

Ideally all  contracts should have the phone cost and the plan cost and when you've paid off the phone, the contract will continue with just the plan until you do something about it.

Some networks already do this. Let's hope iD follow suit soon.

Your option is to switch to SIM only, take out a new contract with a new phone, or switch to another network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @emmajohnson 

That just means if you choose to do nothing with your plan it’ll continue as is, in the final 60 days of your contract you’ll be able to upgrade to a new device, or once the contracted term has ended you’ll be able to upgrade to a SIM only plan.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Toby Field 

Our contract prices aren’t split up between the device and the SIM, there’s no way to pay for the device and not the SIM card, therefore we at this time wouldn’t be able to split that cost.

Tom

Shouldn't it be cheaper then? Because all that's left to pay is the minutes, calls, data etc.?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Shouldn't it be cheaper then? Because all that's left to pay is the minutes, calls, data etc.?

Yes but companies prey on the fact some customers do nothing so they make extra money.

Oh okay, so cheeky!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @emmajohnson & @Toby Field 

It’d be completely up to the customer to change the terms of their contract, we wouldn’t change the terms of your contract without the customers request or agreement.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?