Question

Old SIM not updating with new Plan

• 31 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi

I upgraded from SIM only to a new phone over the weekend. I logged into my account when ordering the new phone but the upgrade hasn't altered my existing plan to my new plan. I am currently using my old SIM as I don't want to change my number and as an existing customer I don't need to request a PAC code, so I just wondered how my new plan can be transferred onto my old SIM?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hiya,

When you upgrade usually your new plan will automatically be loaded onto your Sim as this is responsible for holding your number. You’ll know when the plan has changed as when looking on your iD mobile account, your new upgrade plan will show as your current plan. There will be nothing to do in this case as it’s all handled on the iD side.

It’s possible that you could have a new Sim sent to you, if this is the case then simply activate this new Sim on the iD website and pop it into your new phone and within 48 hours or so your number will carry across.

Hi 

Okay thanks.

The new plan isn’t showing on my account when I log in, as the price and data allowance hasn’t changed. 

Will give using the new SIM a try with what you have suggested.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi 

Okay thanks.

The new plan isn’t showing on my account when I log in, as the price and data allowance hasn’t changed. 

Will give using the new SIM a try with what you have suggested.

Thanks 

Hey @Livercon,

Was this a handset upgrade or SIM only upgrade?

If you upgraded to a handset contract, then no new SIM is sent and when we dispatch the handset, your upgrade is connected.

If it’s a SIM only upgrade, we do send a blank SIM out and at the time of dispatch, connect your upgrade also.

In either case, the new plan changes in the app.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed

It was a phone & plan upgrade.

I was on a SIM only contract.

Don’t think it’s been recognised that it was an upgrade when placing my order.

I’ll call into a shop, to sort this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Livercon,

That is sounding like you may have purchased a new contract here then.

Upgrading from a SIM only toa new handset contract you would keep the same SIM you had and we just send a phone out to you.

The plan updates in the app once the phone is sent out and you’re good to go.

Let us know if you need help still.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?