Solved

Post upgrade - SIM not working?

Userlevel 1

i have up graded my iphone 6 to a iphone 13mini. All of the data has been transferred across but my new phone does not recognise my OLD sim card. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 October 2022, 11:56

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you got a screenshot of the issue?

Userlevel 1

The screen on my new phone has all the same icons as my old phone but when I put the old sim card in it does not let me make phone calls

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does the iD SIM card still work in your iPhone 6?

Userlevel 1

yes it works in my old phone

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @philipbaker, did you order an upgrade from iD Mobile to get your new iPhone 13 mini?

If you’ve upgraded through iD, they’ll have sent you a ‘new’ inactive (blank) SIM card, with your upgrade.

You might need to use the ‘new’ SIM - sounds like you’ve had your ‘old’ iD SIM for several years.
This ‘new’ iD SIM card will need to be activated - it’s all explained in the “Activating your new SIM card” community article.

Good luck @philipbaker

Userlevel 1

Thank you Andewhite, I think that may have worked. Apparently it may now take up to 24 hours to connect the new phone, but that is fine. I appreciate your time and help. Cheers Phil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

FYI, once the ‘new’ SIM has been activated, your ‘old’ SIM will stop working.

I hope it takes less than the stated “up to 24 hours”, which seems unnecessarily long.
🤞

Userlevel 1

well 24 hours have been and my phone is not working. I have checked on the app in my services and it says the sim is active but I can not make any phone calls. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @philipbaker, can you make and receive calls using the ‘new’ iD SIM in your old iPhone?

If the ‘new’ SIM works in your old phone, then your new iPhone 13 might be a dud.

Good luck 🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

well 24 hours have been and my phone is not working. I have checked on the app in my services and it says the sim is active but I can not make any phone calls. 

Hello @philipbaker, try restarting as sometimes this is needed in order for it to update.

If you still have issues, let us know here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?