Question

RPI increase - can I change to a cheaper plan

• 6 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I had a plan that was ideal for me 12 months ago. Now I am on a fix income with no use for the plan I’m on but can’t get hold of a straight answer, I need to reduce the amount of Mins, Texts and Data I have in the plan but have been told I can’t. I understand that I am still subject to the line rental to cover the cost of the phone but I need to reduce the cost of the monthly tarif or I will end up in debt. Can someone help me as there is no customer service number to call to discuss this problem with?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @BI6_AL,

Assuming you are on a phone contract?

The contract you purchased would have been priced according to the plan you chose.

Cheaper plans may have had a higher upfront cost vs more expensive plans.

This means you won’t always have flexibility to move down to a cheaper tariff but won’t have issues moving up.

Have you tried checking in the account under My Account as you should see the plan change options?

Mohammed

Yes, I have checked and the only option would be to up the tarif, I don’t mind dropping the call time and data to reduce the costs but cant find anywhere to do so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BI6_AL,

Sounds like you are still in contract which means that the price that you signed up to would be the cheapest price you can stay at for the duration of the contract. You would only be able to change plan to a higher priced tariff at the moment.

I hope that answers your question.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?