Question

Sim only upgrade

• 19 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I'm suffering with signal loss from either my phone or my sim card dropping out. Therefore I have ordered a new phone & upgraded my sim only package to get a new sim card to replace both phone & sim. Is it possible to change my phone and change to a new sim card but keep my old id mobile number? Or would I just have to accept new sim card & new phone number?? Thanks for replies.

Rob Thomas.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Whether you keep your old iD mobile number will depend on how you ordered your new handset and line rental package @Rob Thomas.

Can you elaborate on how you purchased the new items? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I'm suffering with signal loss from either my phone or my sim card dropping out. Therefore I have ordered a new phone & upgraded my sim only package to get a new sim card to replace both phone & sim. Is it possible to change my phone and change to a new sim card but keep my old id mobile number? Or would I just have to accept new sim card & new phone number?? Thanks for replies.

Rob Thomas.

Hey @Rob Thomas,

Did you upgrade your existing contract via the iD app/account?

Or did you purchase a new contract via the website?

Given that we don’t send a new SIM with handset upgrades, I will guess that you have purchased a separate new contract, in which case it is not possible to keep your number via a PAC code.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?