Solved

transfer new sim to old account

• 15 November 2022
  • 6 replies

I have been using a contract sim from ID before and have just recently bought another sim from ID again. I’m struggling to transfer my new sim card to my old account as I want to cancel my previous sim.

I don’t know how to do so, I was hoping to keep my same old number from ID but it’s not letting me.

Please help

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 November 2022, 16:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry @Jamuna BM, you can’t transfer a number from one iD account to another iD account.

If you want to keep a particular number, you’ll need to get a PAC for that number, and port it away from iD. After that’s done, you can port the number you want to keep, back to the iD account you want to use with the number you’re keeping.

It’s not too difficult but, just takes time to resolve.

Good luck @Jamuna BM.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have been using a contract sim from ID before and have just recently bought another sim from ID again. I’m struggling to transfer my new sim card to my old account as I want to cancel my previous sim.

I don’t know how to do so, I was hoping to keep my same old number from ID but it’s not letting me.

Please help

Hey @Jamuna BM,

As above, the only way to do this is a triangle port via the steps mentioned.

The correct/easiest way is to just upgrade your existing contract or change the plan which would retain your number.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

vodaphone offers free sims 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So do giffgaff.

Userlevel 1

So do giffgaff.

EE do but only in store. Online you need to buy a package with it

Userlevel 1

as well as voxi

Why iD Mobile?