Solved

upgrade

• 27 January 2021
  • 1 reply

My phone upgrade is available to 07/02/2021 and I am looking at the S21 Ultra. If I pre-order this phone now it comes with earbuds etc but if I wait I will miss out on this offer. My alternative is to pre-order with another provider and take the 2 month hit on the ID contract vs the cost to buy the earbuds. Am I able to preorder the phone for use on the 7/02/2021 or will i need to take a new contract elsewhere? I cant live chat with anyone and my time is limited to take the offer. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Kevin 27 January 2021, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @arm2909 

If you’re currently in a contract with iD Mobile.  It wouldn’t be until within the last 60 days of that contract were you’d be able to potentially do an early upgrade.

Is February 7th 2021 you mentioned above the date that an early upgrade would be possible?  Or is that the date that your contract with iD mobile is up?  See if the latter, you’ll likely be able to upgrade now. 

Otherwise that February 7th date is your early upgrade date, then your contract will likely run through till April 2021.

So it’s truly down to yourself and how badly you’re after these Earbuds as to what you wish to do here. 

One thing I can say from experience of working in the mobile phone world for the past 4 years now is that Samsung are one of the companies at the forefront of having alluring deals similar to the one mentioned.  So it’s almost a certainty that further down the road in a few months some new Samsung offer will be on the plate to tempt people to choose Samsung.

Why iD Mobile?