Solved

upgraded to sim only but unable to make any calls

• 8 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Upgraded to a sim only plan, sim arrived Monday to say that my contract had been upgraded and that my sim would take upto 24 hours till it would be active and that I would relieve a message when it complete.

It's been longer than 24 hours, I restarted my phone and it still hasn't worked, everytime I try to make a call it says its not supported on the network

I can't seem to find the chat option to speak to someone direct

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Heather_09 9 June 2023, 22:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you upgraded to SIM only through your online iD account, you wouldn’t have needed a new SIM unless the old SIM didn’t fit in the handset you’re using @Heather_09.

If you’ve received a new iD SIM with your upgrade, the new SIM needs to be activated before it can be used. 

The iD online live chat is at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - the agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Heather_09 

If you’ve upgraded you may have stayed on the old SIM card you already have, have you tried this?

Tom

Thank you, I was able to access the chat and it turns out I did need to put in and use my new sim 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Heather_09,

Sounds like you may have accidentally activated the new SIM via the app which is why the services swapped over.

Glad it’s now working again.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?