Solved

Cannot transfer old number

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’ve recently joined ID Mobile and I want to transfer my old EE mobile number across, but when I input the details (PAC, old number, new number and transaction number), I keep getting an error message saying there is an issue with the information entered.

I’ve checked the details over and over and tried to enter them on numerous occasions, but they still won’t go through.  Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong and what I need to do please, my PAC number is valid until 17th April?

icon

Best answer by mitts 6 April 2023, 09:51

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, I’ve recently joined ID Mobile and I want to transfer my old EE mobile number across, but when I input the details (PAC, old number, new number and transaction number), I keep getting an error message saying there is an issue with the information entered.

I’ve checked the details over and over and tried to enter them on numerous occasions, but they still won’t go through.  Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong and what I need to do please, my PAC number is valid until 17th April?

Hi, I had the same issue what you need to do is type your surname in all caps eg SMITH and then it will work

Userlevel 1

Hi, that has now worked, thank you so much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Artlaw,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Artlaw,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

YES, it only got fixed when I spent nearly an hour on your chat system. Your online system simply DOES NOT WORK. Why when I gave the same info in CHAT it wasn’t a problem. ID should spend some of the huge profits sorting out problems with its IT systems. This community is full of posts with the same issues. I still have not been switched over, supposed to be tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @TrevInNotts Thanks for the feedback.

Not the best start we do agree, we’ve currently received a high volume of contact following some changes we made to the port form.

We’re working on getting this fixed so case sensitivty won’t be an issue.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello @TrevInNotts Thanks for the feedback.

Not the best start we do agree, we’ve currently received a high volume of contact following some changes we made to the port form.

We’re working on getting this fixed so case sensitivty won’t be an issue.

Mohammed

It is sorted now , it simply did not work and was nothing to do with “CASE SENSITIVITY”. ID need to get their act together, I am almost certain that after the 12 month contract I will leave ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TrevInNotts,

I’m very sorry to hear this.

The team have been working on the port form and fixes are being implemented with some fixes already in place.

If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.

Kash

Hi. I'm having similar troubles. My number should have transferred on Friday. I have the PAC when I ordered the phone. Now I have lost access to my old network and can't access the PAC that was sent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Melanie Dawson 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hello, help transfer the old number to id mobile.
I try, but I cant

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Iuliia Iugai 

Are you still having trouble porting?

Have you submitted the port during purchase or after via the port form or iD Mobile account?

Do you get an error?

Tom

Hi, 

I have the same problem. My old number should have transferred yesterday but it didn’t. I had the PAC already when I purchased my phone & contract last Saturday the 30th of April. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MARLONSTAMARIA 

There had been some ports that should’ve completed on the 2nd but have instead scheduled to the 3rd, this should’ve completed by 10pm on the 3rd, please let us know how you’re getting on.

Tom

I’m having the exact same issue. Entering correct info including all caps for surname but still getting the error message “ We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again. “

I’ve had my number since 1996 & use it for all my work contacts / clients so REALLY need to keep it

Transfer is scheduled for Monday

What can I do to ensure the number transfers?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m having the exact same issue. Entering correct info including all caps for surname but still getting the error message “ We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again. “

I’ve had my number since 1996 & use it for all my work contacts / clients so REALLY need to keep it

If your number transfer has been scheduled for Monday 15th May ‘23, why are you trying to enter the PAC again? 

Once a service provider issues a PAC, to a customer, the PAC is valid for 30-days and can only be used once. 

How are you trying to submit the PAC? 
From the online switching page (https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/), or from your “My iD Account” online?

If your number transfer has been scheduled for Monday 15th May ‘23, why are you trying to enter the PAC again? 

Once a service provider issues a PAC, to a customer, the PAC is valid for 30-days and can only be used once. 

How are you trying to submit the PAC? 
From the online switching page (https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/), or from your “My iD Account” online?

I’m trying to do it on the online page. I thought I had to do it before the date of the switch so it just goes over to the new number, as that’s what has happened with previous companies and previous switches

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You wouldn’t have been given a switch date without giving your PAC to iD Mobile.

Sounds like your old provider’s SIM will stop working on Monday, so the number you want to keep can be transferred to iD.

It can take several hours to complete the number switch, and your iD SIM won’t work until the transfer has finished.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Nikally,

If you submitted a request to keep your number at purchase and this is scheduled for Monday (today) then the port will complete by 10PM at the latest.

You don’t need to submit the form also as you requested a switch at purchase.

Mohammed

You wouldn’t have been given a switch date without giving your PAC to iD Mobile.

Sounds like your old provider’s SIM will stop working on Monday, so the number you want to keep can be transferred to iD.

It can take several hours to complete the number switch, and your iD SIM won’t work until the transfer has finished.

🍀

Currently it’s switched over & is working to make calls, access internet etc but it has NOT ported my old number (which I did request at purchase) -  but in the ID app it now says my number will port on 16th which makes no sense whatsoever as everything is meant to happen on the same day???

Hello @Nikally,

If you submitted a request to keep your number at purchase and this is scheduled for Monday (today) then the port will complete by 10PM at the latest.

You don’t need to submit the form also as you requested a switch at purchase.

Mohammed

Currently it’s switched over & is working to make calls, access internet etc but it has NOT ported my old number (which I did request at purchase) -  but in the ID app it now says my number will port on 16th which makes no sense whatsoever as everything is meant to happen on the same day???

Update - it’s switched today, so I had a day on the wrong number but now thankfully onto the correct one

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nikally 

Glad to hear that’s switched over now.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?