Solved

Unable to register or log on via the web or app

• 19 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I just joined iD Mobile having upgraded my phone to a Samsung S23.  I ported my old number over and I’m able to make calls, send texts and do everything web-based.  What the iD site and app won’t let me do is register a new account or log on, no matter which browser I use.  When I try registering I get an error message telling me that the account already exists.  When I try logging on I get an error message saying that my email address is already registered to an an iD account.  It then tells me to use a different email address but I don’t have one!  The Live Chat function doesn’t work and there’s no customer service email to contact.  HUGELY FRUSTRATING and a terrible start to my 2 years with iD!!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 July 2023, 17:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @teajaysea, if the email address you’ve tried to use for your iD account username already exists you’re stuck @teajaysea

As you’ve got a Gmail address - because you’re using an Android device - try a variation of your Gmail address. For example, you can use the following to receive email using the same Gmail account:

1. another@gmail.com
  2. a.n.other@gmail.com
  3. an.other@gmail.com

All of the above work with the same Gmail account. 
🤞

Userlevel 1

Many thanks, andewhite.

I forgot to mention that I was with iD mobile some years back (on the same ported number) and have just re-joined.  Which is presumably why my email address is still present on the iD system.  Does that change your answer at all, in terms of my ability to reset passwords etc.?

You’re right about the Gmail account, of course.  I just never use that on a day-to-day basis so I forgot about it.  If all else fails I can fall back on that option.

Kind Regards,

TJC

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @teajaysea, it appears iD Mobile can’t or won’t allow you to use your ‘old’ account, created some time ago. 

I found myself in this situation after leaving and rejoining iD Mobile, and I had to register for a new account.

It seems an account is created automatically when you order something. Thereafter, you can choose to manage the account online by registering, or just use the 7777 automated telephone service to manage things.

Userlevel 1

Many thanks again, @andewhite.

It definitely seems like a case of “Computer says no”, so I’ll try your helpful suggestion from earlier.  

All the best,

TJC

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I know it’s a much requested feature and definitely something I’ve fed back myself.

I hope it’s something addressed in a future update.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?