Solved

Bill overcharged by £5 - subscription to CreditMinder?

• 27 March 2021
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have been overcharged on my monthly bill by £5 - the ID mobile app shows my bill at £13, whereas the amount debited from my bank by ID mobile is £18. Last month I received these texts and ignored them as I believed they were fraudulent, but now I think they might be why I’m incurring the £5 additional charge. 
Please can someone advise me on how to stop these charges?  

icon

Best answer by Rory 28 March 2021, 10:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

I also received these texts on the same day: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @becky.nibbs , sorry to hear you’ve been hit with an unexpected charge. 

Text subscriptions like these are signed up to from the user end and not by the network, so we're unable to stop these or unsubscribe you from our end. In most cases, you will need to reply STOP ALL to the number to stop the subscription. Doing so may incur a further charge for sending the text, however, it should stop any further communication from them.

If you did not sign up to this subscription yourself and believe you have been scammed, we'd urge you to first contact the company directly to obtain a refund (and be removed from their mailing lists).

There's a regulatory body called the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) who regulate these companies. You can use their website to locate the information about the company. If you've already contacted the company and failed to reach a resolution, you can make a complaint via PSA directly.

Please also see this article which may provide further insight into these types of subscriptions.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?