Solved

android not receiving text messages

• 13 September 2020
  • 12 replies

I have a samsung 9 and am not receiving text messages. 

My number transferred across on Thursday 10th, and today I have discovered I have missed a lot of messages from one number, but also realise I am missing other messages I would usually receive. I have tried reseting my network, and turning phone on and off. 

Feeling rather concerned that so many other people have this issue. I work 10 miles from home and currently 60 miles away from home and no messages have come through.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 16 September 2020, 13:04

View original

12 replies

Ok, I have cleared caches, deleted message threads, removed one of the numbers I am not getting messages from, turned my phone on and off repeatedly, tried safe mode but still message not coming through.

So I went to back up phone and guess what?! I have to enter the verification code, which my phone won't receive, because since moving to iD my phone no longer receives messages. I have had no problems when on Virgin or BT mobile. If this issue isn't sorted today, I'll be getting a new network provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Dianag,

I’m really sorry to hear that.

Have you tried your SIM in another handset at all?

Please can you check the SMSC number and let us know what this shows as?

Mohammed

The SMSC number is fine, I ended up going through the live chat as I need this issue sorting ASAP. Hopefully tech team can sort it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Fingers crossed it’ll be sorted soon @Dianag 

If you do need further help though, just let us know by reply here and we’ll be happy to take a look if need be.

I was on livechat for an hour last night and no joy,  so told to take my phone to carphone warehouse. Unfortunately due to children and working this isn't convenient, so I've signed up with vodafone and will be leaving iD once the sim arrives. I've spent hours myself trying to solve this issue and ended up in tears of frustration last night. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Dianag,

Sorry to hear you will be returning this purchase.

If you do need further support, please let us know here. I’m sorry we weren’t able to resolve the issue here.

Mohammed

The issue was made far worse 🤣 so originally my husband bought 2 sims, one for me and one for him. He has had no issues, I discovered yesterday I am not receiving phone calls either! So as my new vodafone sim arrived today, he went to cancel my contract via livechat, gave my mobile number and then despite not giving his number they cancelled his number which changed it to PAYG. So back on to live chat and get my PAC code and now he is stuck as PAYG until someone can sort it. Apparently they can't give him credit because this takes 2 days, but happy for him to top up and eventually refund!!! He is due out tomorrow and although unlikely won't be able to use his mobile in an emergency. So rather than losing one customer, that's two customers to be lost and hours of time wasted trying to deal with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Dianag,

I am sorry to hear of the experience you’ve had. We’re not sure how or why this has happened without checking the chat logs but looks like a misunderstanding and the wrong account cancelled.

If he needs support, please get him to contact us here and we’ll look into his issues further.

Mohammed

He is still having issues, I've just sent him the link to this thread and he will join.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @Dianag,

We’ll do our best to resolve this once we’ve picked up his message.

Will

He had a message to call  iD, I am not really sure what is going on right now as he is tied up with university. I think his phone is working, although he can no longer sign in to his iD mobile account to check the status. And he has received countless emails and texts saying the same thing that he is now with iD mobile, so he is dreading billing day incase he is charged 3+ times for his account being reset.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dianag,

We’ll be happy to put his mind at ease as soon as we hear from him on here.

Will

Why iD Mobile?