Question

Failed to send email Network address my device is assigned to is on an industry blacklist

• 8 October 2020
  • 9 replies

If my WiFi is not available or turned off and I try to send an email using mobile data it fails to send and I just get a message saying not sent as the network address my device has been assigned has been blacklisted - picture of full message attached.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dixon42,

Does this happen with every email you try to send, to multiple recipients or is it just the one recipient?
Does the issue happen when using the webmail client (website) instead of the email app?

Ryan

Thanks for your interest. I have just tried to send an email using mobile data and webmail and it worked so the problem lies with emails sent using mobile data and the email app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dixon42,

That’s a strange one. Is there anything in the App settings that only allow it to function when connected to WiFi maybe? I know some Apps do come with that already selected as default, so it’s possible.

Please let us know either way.

Will

Nothing I can see. I haven’t changed anything since transferring from O2 and everything worked perfectly before. The message does say that the network address my device has been assigned to is on an industry blacklist - doesn’t this mean ID Mobile? It says this problem must be addressed by my network service provider  - isn’t this ID Mobile?

When I use webmail everything works fine. The problem is only when I use my phone email on mobile data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Dixon42,

It’s a very unique one we’ve come accross.

Try clearing the cache of the email app you’re using just to see if this makes a difference.

If not, we’ll need to escalate this to see if there’s any advice our TechTeam can provide.

Mohammed

This is happening to me too - if I send over wifi it works fine, but when using my email client over my IDMobile connection I get the an error noting that my IP was blocked by sbl.spamhaus.org. The IP IDMobile have assigned me is being blocked by spamhaus.

It doesnt happen all the time (different IP addresses) but is incredibly irritating as I then cant send me.

Can someone at IDMobile request a delisting in order to stop this happening?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @miksmith,

Have you tried clearing the cache of the email App?

Will

Yes, cache cleared, but it doesnt help

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you tied sending the email through a browser rather than directly through the App @miksmith?

Will

Why iD Mobile?