Question

Not receiving SMS messages from just one number

I have recently changed my number to a ID mobile sim but now I am not receiving text messages from just one number in my contacts. This was fine before I changed to ID.

Please advise how to fix this.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @AndyPL,

We are sorry to hear about this. How long has this issue been happening for? Number ports can take up to 48 hours to fully complete so if you’re outside of this time frame we’ll check this out further.

Ryan

Hi This has been happening since I changed number, so over 4 weeks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @AndyPL 

The person you are unable to receive texts from, are you able to call them on your end? And are they able to receive text messages from you?

-Mohsin

Yes, I can call them and they receive texts from me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @AndyPL 

Please can you confirm the make and model of the handset you have?

-Mohsin

Moto G Pro

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @AndyPL 

Please can you delete that one contact from your phone and add the number back on to your phone, please can you get the person on the other side to do the same. 

Let us know how you get on.

-Mohsin

Hello

I have tried deleting and reinstating the number on both phones but it still doesn't work.

I am worried now that there may be other numbers which are not coming through which I am not aware of.

All contacts were fine until I swapped my number to ID.

Please advise

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AndyPL ,

In previous cases where this happened, the issue was actually from the other networks end and this may likely be the case since it’s one number.

What network are they on?

Can you get someone else who is on the same network to test you also and confirm if you receive it?

If you don’t receive it, the likelihood may be just one specific network but if you are receiving texts from that network but just not that one number, the issue is likely with the other person’s network.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?