Question

Not receiving text from other network

• 8 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi, for the past 3 weeks, I have not been able to receive text from other network members. I have done all the necessary requirements such as checking phone compatibility, requesting for a replacement sim and still there seems to be no solution to this. Is really frustrating and ruining my business. I use Samsung Galaxy A71 (2020)

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Godwin 

Is the number you are using originally ported over from Lyca Mobile? If so, we are aware of an issue where Customers who have ported in where Lyca Mobile is the origin network are unable to receive off-net SMS. We can confirm this is being looked into and LYCA is working on a resolution for this with their Vendor.

-Mohsin

Yeah, I think so. The number was originally lyca mobile. I hope this get resolved quickly as is ruining my business 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Godwin,

We’re hoping that the Lyca network fix the issue they’re having ASAP and we thank you for your patience.

Ryan

Can i change to a new number and still be able to keep my current plan. 

Yeah since is taking lyca mobile time to fix the issue of not receiving tex and this is really affecting my business negatively, i would like to change to a new ID number, while also be able to keep my current plan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Godwin 

Are you still having issues with receiving text messages to your phone?

-Mohsin

Of course i am still having the same issue of not receiving text and is not right at all. If am not, why will i think of changing my number. You guys need to sort this out ASAP. 

And please i need an answer to the previous question about changing my number and still be able to maintain my plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Godwin,

We can change the number on your plan by replacing it with a new one, this carries a one-off charge of £25.00.

This will replace your current number and that will be lost.

The issue, as we advised, is not from our end but Lyca Mobile and it’s being looked into by them. Sadly there’s not much more we can do as it’s out of our control. 

Mohammed

Alright then, i need to get it done ASAP. What's the way forward. How do i do this ASAP 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Godwin,

I’ve sent you a PM here, please check your messages and respond.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?