Solved

SIM Card Problem

• 23 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

My Pixie 4 Andriod phone was working but now shows ‘Unable to connect, please insert a valid SIM card. What is the problem?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 24 February 2021, 09:42

Hi @Peter Carrell,

We’re sorry to hear about that issue. It sounds as though the SIM card reader may be at fault. Are you able to remove the SIM card and reseat it to see if this makes any difference?

You can also try the SIM card in another phone if someone in your household has one, this will confirm that the SIM card is working fine.

Ryan

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Peter Carrell,

We’re sorry to hear about that issue. It sounds as though the SIM card reader may be at fault. Are you able to remove the SIM card and reseat it to see if this makes any difference?

You can also try the SIM card in another phone if someone in your household has one, this will confirm that the SIM card is working fine.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thank you Ryan.  I Have tried removing and refitting the SIM card a few times but without success.  I have also considered activating a ‘Factory reset’ but wondered whether that would make matters worse with the loss of stored data.

Peter

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Peter Carrell 

A factory reset will delete everything from your phone, however, if you back your phone up before doing so, then you can retrieve everything back. Did you test the sim on another phone?

-Mohsin