Solved

Switching off whilst charging

• 14 December 2020
  • 6 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have a Samsung Galaxy A10 since May and lately I’ve noticed it switches off/restarts whilst charging is this normal?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 28 December 2020, 17:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @SamW 

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your phone restarting whilst charging. This may have been due to a software update that was done whilst your phone was on the charge which resulted in the phone restarting. Do you ever notice the phone switching off when in normal use and not on charge?

-Mohsin

Thanks for the reply and in answer to your question the phone is within view most of the time because I’m hard of hearing therefore see the screen flash before the ringtone and no it doesn’t restart itself, I’ve only notice this happen when charging and with the phone not being 6 months old I’m very concerned it has a fault and since having this issue concerned if my phone does stop working I don’t have another ID mobile phone to use therefore be without over the festive period and with no one at the end of a phone to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SamW,

Samsung handsets come with a 24-month warranty so if your handset is faulty, or you believe it to be, just pop into your local Carphone Warehouse store and a member of staff will try to look into this further.

Mohammed

Thanks for the reply however I don’t drive and don’t feel safe on public transport but if the issue does present a problem I’ll have to get a taxi to my nearest store and get a replacement.  It’s just strange that the phone does this when charging never had this issue before but I’m sure it will be fine well fingers crossed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @SamW 

What with the tiers in place across the UK here.  You might be best off contacting the Samsung Support UK page

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

They might be able to arrange a means for you to post that out to them at the least.  Unless they have a collection service going too (though I’m not quite sure of that).

Thanks for the response Kevin however that would mean I’d be without a phone, the phone is currently working so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Why iD Mobile?