Solved

Wifi calling Xiaomi

• 25 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Anybody had any success with using wifi calling on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9? I found this https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets and this is quite disappointing as for phone that is rated as one of the best in it’s price range (in many reviews) this is still not supported - however to confirm I would like to ask somebody who actually tried as my understanding is that this list is something that has been tested by official support. It seems to me that network providers are not giving enough attention to this feature which would actually let people use their phones indoors.  

icon

Best answer by Will 1 December 2020, 18:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @daski,

That handset still isn’t on our list of approved WiFi calling handsets, so will unfortunately be unable to use that feature.

Will

I have the same phone and have just moved from EE, where wifi calling worked fine. It is mildly annoying that it does not work with ID. I wonder what exactly it is that is making it not work, as it doesn’t appear to be the phone….

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @mememememe 

We’ve heard stories of some phones working with WiFi calling that aren’t officially supported (and listed on our site).

I imagine if it’s not working with us that it may not work with Three either, as we run off their network.  My hunch would be it’s unlikely the phone in question will be added to the list at this stage too.

Sorry for any frustration caused there.  Great name by the way, we’re all about the meme life.

Thanks for the reply. It's interesting that it worked fine on ee, I wonder what it is that means it doesn't work on Id mobile

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @mememememe,

Hopefully support is added in the future for those phones if this is possible. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?