Question

My kept(swapped) mobile number not showing up on other peoples phone.

• 7 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi any advice please, I kept(swapped) my old mobile number when I switched from EE, when I call or text someone my old number does not show on other peoples phone, it comes up with the assigned no I was given when started with ID, I have tested the phone(Samsung) and obviously works with my old number when they are calling me.

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET, @MH Payless?

The handset user guide should explain how to perform this task.

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET, @MH Payless?

The handset user guide should explain how to perform this task.

Have done and still not working, my phone info says it’s the correct number in the settings as well, but thanks for you help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @MH Payless, people can call and text you if they’re using the number you wanted keep?

But when you call or text somebody, they’re not seeing the number you wanted to keep?

Okay @MH Payless, people can call and text you if they’re using the number you wanted keep?

But when you call or text somebody, they’re not seeing the number you wanted to keep?

Exactly..my number comes up as the one I was assigned by ID prior to the number swap over of my old number from EE, so people wont answer because they think it’s a random person calling, or they think my phones been hacked if I send a personal text etc etc. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe turn the phone off and remove the SIM card, @MH Payless

Leave the phone OFF, without a SIM card, overnight and try again tomorrow. Perhaps when you reconnect to the network the following morning, your phone and SIM card will detect and use the correct network settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MH Payless,

Please let us know how you get on.

If you require further assistance you can get back to us here and we can help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?