Question

Woeful Connection 95% of Time

• 10 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Joined I'd mobile from EE, and it's awful. 

Home, data never works, doesn't matter wherever I go data never works, can't access my bank, can't check the location of the kid on family link.

Genuinely never used a service this bad, anyone why ideas..…

Using a Pixel 8.

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

EE and iD use different networks. You can't expect the same service. I was with EE before switching to iD. If it weren't for WiFi calling, I wouldn't be able to use my phone at home on EE. With iD I get a decent 5G signal in my house.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I moved from 3 network to ID and whilst ID mobile PiggyBack of 3 network,i don't understand how many times i have no internet connection or can't make calls.

Last week i had nothing for almost 4 days so made another complaint and was told i would get a callback.

The call handler was unbelievable after i made my complaint and gave her my work Postcode where i hadnt got a signal for the 4 days.

She said we cover 95% of area's but that i couldn't expect to get a signal everywhere i go and that Postcode you have provided me isn't your Home Postcode WTF🤔

I replied to her,

So i shouldn't expect to get a signal 4 miles from my home i said, i know I'll just stay at home as that's not my home Postcode and really i shouldn't except to get a signal anywhere else,especially 4 miles away!😂🤣😅🤣😂🧐

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The call handler is correct. You can have a full signal in one location, a mile down the road, nothing. Every network has dead spots. Various things can degrade radio waves, buildings, trees, mountains and valleys etc. Sometimes it’s just down to local councils restricting the amount of masts allowed in a certain area.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The call handler is correct. You can have a full signal in one location, a mile down the road, nothing. Every network has dead spots. Various things can degrade radio waves, buildings, trees, mountains and valleys etc. Sometimes it’s just down to local councils restricting the amount of masts allowed in a certain area.

Yes i understand that but as i said, i was with 3 network for many years and it was once a blue moon i didnt have any issues but since moving to ID mobile,i have issues every week with no signal.

Why iD Mobile?