Latest Update - iD Mobile app & My Account Online

• 25 March 2024
  • 58 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

24th April:

The iD Mobile app & My Account Online will be unavailable between 10pm and 7am each evening as we perform system maintenance. If you need to manage your account during this time, we kindly request that you do so between 7 am and 10 pm, or view the alternative methods below. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

22nd April:

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Essential maintenance has been completed. The iD Mobile app and My Account online are back up and running for new registrations and existing users.

21st April:

Please note: The iD Mobile app & My Account online will be unavailable between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm while we perform essential maintenance on our systems. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

19th April: 

Over the last couple of weeks, our tech team have been working hard to improve the performance of the iD Mobile app and My Account online.​​​​​​ As of today, customers can register, log-in and use the iD Mobile app and My Account online as normal. During busy periods, you may be placed into a short queue, as we continue to improve the stability of the applications.

Need to manage your account during the essential maintenance? Here’s a list of actions that can be completed without using the iD Mobile app or My Account online. 

For Pay Monthly customers, here’s everything you need to know:

Action.

Alternative method.

Check my Usage.

Call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

Purchase an Add-On.

Contact us on Live Chat.*

Purchase a Second line/Additional plan/s.

Visit our website.

Purchase an Upgrade.

Online: Visit carphonewarehouse.com.

In-store: Find your nearest Currys.

Phone: Call us on 0800 049 0250.

Please note: This number is for Upgrades only, this team are unable to help with any other query.

Make a Plan change.

Find out your next bill amount.

Call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

View previous bills (PDF).

Please note: It may take a few working days for our team to issue your bill.

Set up a Direct Debit.

For security reasons, there is not an alternative method to set up a Direct Debit. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

If you have an Outstanding payment, please call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

Change Direct Debit date.

Make a payment.

Adjust my Bill Cap.

Change Billing method (Email or Paper).

Activate replacement SIM.

You can get a replacement SIM for free at any Currys store. Once you get a replacement SIM, you can activate it here.

Please note: When asked if you are registered for the iD Mobile App or My Account Online, click "No, not yet".

Block your SIM (Lost or Stolen).

Enable/Disable the following iD Services:

• Adult content filter

• International

• Roaming

• Premium

• Voicemail

Leave iD / Terminate Contract.

If you'd like to leave iD and keep / ditch your number, you can request a PAC or STAC. Click here for more information.

If you'd like to terminate your contract, call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device) or contact us on Live Chat.*

Edit plan details, such as updating your Billing address.

For Pay As You Go customers, please refer to the table above. If you’d like to Add a Bundle or Top Up, please contact us on Live Chat for assistance. If you’d like to check your remaining balance, call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

*Our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday, and Bank Holidays.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We’ve taken all your feedback on board and are working hard to improve stability and performance across all hours of the day. In the short term, the iD Mobile app and My Account Online may be unavailable from time to time, as we test and implement various improvements. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

FAQs

When will the new iD Mobile app and My Account online be available?

Steps are being made in the right direction to improve the stability and performance of the iD Mobile app and My Account online. We’ll continue to update this Community Article as we have more information.

Why can’t you roll back to the old iD Mobile app?

The technology powering the previous version of the iD Mobile app was old and restrictive, which meant we were unable to develop it further. The old app had some issues, such as customers being unable to view bills on newer Android devices. It was simply unsustainable to continue with that version and also unsuitable to enable exciting future products, such as eSIM.

Why do I need to re-register for the new iD Mobile app?

To enable new features, such as adding multiple plans, we require customers to re-register via the app or My Account online.

58 replies

Userlevel 3

Your brief glitch is still ongoing! 15 days and counting 🤬

Userlevel 1

I have tried a number of times but still cannot get onto my account on app or web.

The web asks me,(after a long wait) to

Create account.

Please tell us your name and create a secure password for the email address .

But when I put a password in, sometimes it just loops back to the same screen and other times I get the message..

Password must not include first name, last name or email.

BUT I have not used any of them. its a random password!

Been at this 2 hours now and even the chat were totaly unhelpful

Thats me sorted now, both on web and app thanks, as I eally like ID the connection speed here is amazing at around 900Mg..

Userlevel 1

Thanks for update.  Managed to get in at 0725 this morning...so was worth trying very early!!  Working OK now as long as access via WEB and NOT the App!

No further comment on this...unless I can’t access again!  Thks

S I X T E E N days and counting. . . and still getting the OOPS message!

I've had enough. Got my PAC and passed it to o2.

Good bye iD 

Userlevel 1

Well I still can't register on the app or going through the website on my laptop. Same stupid bear with us message. Those of you that have registered through website how did you do it? 

Userlevel 1

Still getting the "oops something went wrong" message. It's been too long now. Starting to look elsewhere which is a shame since I have been with ID since 2018.

Not good enough..

Userlevel 2

S I X T E E N days and counting. . . and still getting the OOPS message!

I've had enough. Got my PAC and passed it to o2.

Good bye iD 

Morning @pezzeq,

We are sorry to hear your frustrations. Best of luck with O2.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

Well I still can't register on the app or going through the website on my laptop. Same stupid bear with us message. Those of you that have registered through website how did you do it? 

Morning @Debbie Skidmore,

A few customers have had success using a Private or Incognito Tab when registering online through my.idmobile.co.uk. Please give this a go and let me know if it works.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2

Still getting the "oops something went wrong" message. It's been too long now. Starting to look elsewhere which is a shame since I have been with ID since 2018.

Not good enough..

Morning @KeithWM,

Are you by chance on an Unlimited Data tariff? We’re aware this is causing the “Oops” error from time to time. If not, please let me know.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

No. I am on a limited Data monthly sim only 

Userlevel 2

Morning @KeithWM,

Thank you for confirming. I’ve checked with the team, this is due to an API error - which is affecting a small subset of customers, not just those on Unlimited Plans. The good news, an expected fix is currently being Beta tested, so expect it to be resolved soon!

Thanks.

Why has this even happened are Devs that bad now they cant move details over anymore, i have seen it too many times and its ridiculous - not good for any exisiting customer - my Bank did it - Three did it and that still is not resolved a year later and now you guys, what are you actually paying these Tech Bros for?? Functionality is not one

This is a joke I been Tring to get on the app for months now as my network keeps dropping out and no1 can hear me or anything and can't get any help at all.

Userlevel 1

Morning @KeithWM,

Thank you for confirming. I’ve checked with the team, this is due to an API error - which is affecting a small subset of customers, not just those on Unlimited Plans. The good news, an expected fix is currently being Beta tested, so expect it to be resolved soon!

Thanks.

STILL NOT WORKING ! Deleted old app, installed new app..STILL NOT WORKING ! Im disabled and this is a nightmare !

Userlevel 1

I open the app and I am told I need to instal an updated version which I do -and what happens after I’ve done that -I get the green screen with ID mobile in the middle and that’s it . No screen to enter a password or anything .

Totally useless. How much are the people who attempted to create the new app on? 

Userlevel 2

Why has this even happened are Devs that bad now they cant move details over anymore, i have seen it too many times and its ridiculous - not good for any exisiting customer - my Bank did it - Three did it and that still is not resolved a year later and now you guys, what are you actually paying these Tech Bros for?? Functionality is not one

Afternoon @Woody99,

To enable new features, such as adding multiple plans, we require customers to re-register via the app or My Account online. This would not be possible using the previous database.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

This is a joke I been Tring to get on the app for months now as my network keeps dropping out and no1 can hear me or anything and can't get any help at all.

Hey @CNbrod,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues using the iD Mobile app for months. Is there a particular error message you get? Check out this link: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage to view coverage in areas you may not be getting signal.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

Morning @KeithWM,

Thanks.

STILL NOT WORKING ! Deleted old app, installed new app..STILL NOT WORKING ! Im disabled and this is a nightmare !

Hi @Kev Roberts,

What error are you facing?

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

I open the app and I am told I need to instal an updated version which I do -and what happens after I’ve done that -I get the green screen with ID mobile in the middle and that’s it . No screen to enter a password or anything .

Totally useless. How much are the people who attempted to create the new app on? 

Hey @redlew,

Is this issue on-going? Are you using an Android or iPhone? I often find if an app doesn’t work a Force Quit of the application or a restart of your phone fixes things!

Thanks.

Even before this debacle I get horrendous service with ID Mobile in really specific spots which are everywhere. For example, Waterloo Station in central London, 4-5 bars show but no data or calls. Happens in multiple other locations and support were useless, sent out a new SIM which did nothing. I suspect it’s work on upgrading masts but is the reason I won’t ever use ID/Three again.

I still can’t login to my account via app or website. I just get the ‘wait 24 hours’ holding page. How can a company of this size function when customers can’t access their online account for not just days but weeks?!

(have updated app, tried via icognito etc on web and mobile, on and off wifi)

Userlevel 1

Morning @KeithWM,

Thanks.

Can you give / us a definitive time scale to sort this fiasco out? You said the "good news is" you should refrain from using such statements when obviously you can't back them up.

I can access the app sometimes but when I do my allowances are still the same as they were days ago so obviously not live information.

Please advise and FIX!!!

Afternoon @Woody99,

To enable new features, such as adding multiple plans, we require customers to re-register via the app or My Account online. This would not be possible using the previous database.

Thanks.

New Features such as, 

No app

The endless inability to “create a new account”

The falsehood that you can’t port over user details, never used to be an issue for companies 

The nearly one month wait for a 7 day fix? 

all that??

Userlevel 1

Hey @redlew,

Is this issue on-going? Are you using an Android or iPhone? I often find if an app doesn’t work a Force Quit of the application or a restart of your phone fixes things!

Thanks.

Android . Tried everything. Cleared cache, cleared data, forced stop . Uninstalled and reinstalled . Switched phone off and on. Open the app , get the green screen with ID mobile logo in the middle -and that’s it. The previous app worked perfectly -why oh oh why fix something that ain’t broke? 

What can I do now? 

Userlevel 1

Absolutely crap, releasing new app and so on, broken and not tested. Testing on live users… your IT bosses should be fired. 

Can’t top up, chat redirects to 7777 where you cannot top-up, it redirects to app, that doesn’t work.

The best can be done is just to leave this crap provider, never had so many issues from day 1.

Better to stay away from ID (crap) mobile.

Why iD Mobile?