Service Update for customers whose mobile number originated with Vectone Mobile.

• 13 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’ve been made aware customers whose mobile number originated from Vectone Mobile may have had their mobile services impacted, affecting their ability to receive calls and texts from outside the iD or Three network.

Why has this happened?

We believe Vectone Mobile may have recently ceased all UK operations.

When you switch your number between networks in the UK, it always stays registered with the network from which it originated. When you make or receive a call or text, it is first routed to the network who originally supplied the number and then forwarded (onward routed) to the network currently serving the customer. Due to this situation, calls and texts cannot be routed reliably, therefore any mobile number that originated from Vectone Mobile will face ongoing service issues - regardless of what UK network they are currently with.

What is the solution?

We have worked closely with other networks to find a solution, but unfortunately, the only way to restore full service is to change your mobile number. To do a free number change, contact us as soon as possible at idmobile.co.uk/contact-us.  

FAQs.

Will I be charged to change my number?

No. For affected customers, iD Mobile will offer a free number change.

Is this issue only impacting iD Mobile customers?

No. All UK networks have been affected by this issue.

Can I switch my number to another network if it originated from Vectone Mobile?

Switching your number to another network using a PAC will not resolve the issue. Any customers whose mobile number originated from Vectone Mobile will face ongoing service issues - regardless of what UK network they are currently with.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Why iD Mobile?