Latest Update - iD Mobile app & My Account Online

• 25 March 2024
  • 58 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

24th April:

The iD Mobile app & My Account Online will be unavailable between 10pm until 7am until Monday 29th April as we perform further system maintenance. If you need to manage your account during this time, we kindly request that you do so between 7 am and 10 pm, or view the alternative methods below. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

22nd April:

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Essential maintenance has been completed. The iD Mobile app and My Account online are back up and running for new registrations and existing users.

21st April:

Please note: The iD Mobile app & My Account online will be unavailable between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm while we perform essential maintenance on our systems. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

19th April: 

Over the last couple of weeks, our tech team have been working hard to improve the performance of the iD Mobile app and My Account online.​​​​​​ As of today, customers can register, log-in and use the iD Mobile app and My Account online as normal. During busy periods, you may be placed into a short queue, as we continue to improve the stability of the applications.

Need to manage your account during the essential maintenance? Here’s a list of actions that can be completed without using the iD Mobile app or My Account online. 

For Pay Monthly customers, here’s everything you need to know:

Action.

Alternative method.

Check my Usage.

Call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

Purchase an Add-On.

Contact us on Live Chat.*

Purchase a Second line/Additional plan/s.

Visit our website.

Purchase an Upgrade.

Online: Visit carphonewarehouse.com.

In-store: Find your nearest Currys.

Phone: Call us on 0800 049 0250.

Please note: This number is for Upgrades only, this team are unable to help with any other query.

Make a Plan change.

Find out your next bill amount.

Call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

View previous bills (PDF).

Please note: It may take a few working days for our team to issue your bill.

Set up a Direct Debit.

For security reasons, there is not an alternative method to set up a Direct Debit. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

If you have an Outstanding payment, please call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

Change Direct Debit date.

Make a payment.

Adjust my Bill Cap.

Change Billing method (Email or Paper).

Activate replacement SIM.

You can get a replacement SIM for free at any Currys store. Once you get a replacement SIM, you can activate it here.

Please note: When asked if you are registered for the iD Mobile App or My Account Online, click "No, not yet".

Block your SIM (Lost or Stolen).

Enable/Disable the following iD Services:

• Adult content filter

• International

• Roaming

• Premium

• Voicemail

Leave iD / Terminate Contract.

If you'd like to leave iD and keep / ditch your number, you can request a PAC or STAC. Click here for more information.

If you'd like to terminate your contract, call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device) or contact us on Live Chat.*

Edit plan details, such as updating your Billing address.

For Pay As You Go customers, please refer to the table above. If you’d like to Add a Bundle or Top Up, please contact us on Live Chat for assistance. If you’d like to check your remaining balance, call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

*Our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday, and Bank Holidays.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We’ve taken all your feedback on board and are working hard to improve stability and performance across all hours of the day. In the short term, the iD Mobile app and My Account Online may be unavailable from time to time, as we test and implement various improvements. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

FAQs

When will the new iD Mobile app and My Account online be available?

Steps are being made in the right direction to improve the stability and performance of the iD Mobile app and My Account online. We’ll continue to update this Community Article as we have more information.

Why can’t you roll back to the old iD Mobile app?

The technology powering the previous version of the iD Mobile app was old and restrictive, which meant we were unable to develop it further. The old app had some issues, such as customers being unable to view bills on newer Android devices. It was simply unsustainable to continue with that version and also unsuitable to enable exciting future products, such as eSIM.

Why do I need to re-register for the new iD Mobile app?

To enable new features, such as adding multiple plans, we require customers to re-register via the app or My Account online.

58 replies

Userlevel 1

Managed to create a new account now. But it didn't work via the app - only the website. It would also be great if you could add an overview of the remaining roaming data allowance - thanks!

Userlevel 3

14 days and counting, still can’t get to my online accounts! The information and excuses are woeful. What is happening, when will this be fixed, I’m sick of the “just bear with us” messages and the boast that 100,000 accounts are working well on the new App. Awful, just awful 😞 

Userlevel 2

Morning @IDmanleeds,

Great to hear you’ve registered through My Account Online. From what I understand, as you’re registered, you should now be able to log-in to the iD Mobile app.

Thank you for the suggestion, in the interim, you can calculate your Data Roaming Limit before you travel: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

Morning @Debsians,

If you have not yet registered, you should be able to online, at my.idmobile.co.uk. Try using an Incognito / Private Tab. If you are having a different issue, please reply to this message.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Morning @IDmanleeds,

Great to hear you’ve registered through My Account Online. From what I understand, as you’re registered, you should now be able to log-in to the iD Mobile app.

Thank you for the suggestion, in the interim, you can calculate your Data Roaming Limit before you travel: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy.

Thanks.

Yep - that’s right. I managed to get into the app now as well.

If you could still forward the suggestion to the app developer team that would be great and much more convenient for your consumers (I know that giffgaff does this for example).

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Im a new customer and this is crap. Round and round in circles to get to the chat app! Does this even work? 

Since the 4th April i have been trying to access.  Why is this so broken?

Userlevel 2

Morning @RickWhie,

If you have not yet registered, you should be able to online, at my.idmobile.co.uk. Try using an Incognito / Private Tab. If you are having a different issue, please reply to this message.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3

Still can’t login just get the same “bear with us message”?

Userlevel 3

I’m an old customer and we all have the same issue, can’t login to my old online account, can’t register again on the new app or on the website, you said it was crap! It’s not that good!

Userlevel 1

What on earth?!?!

Went to check my useage last night and started this whole "we've updated our app" malarkey. I got the 'bear with us message' last night so I've tried again just now and, after waiting 5 minutes or so in the 'virtual queue' I enter my first name, second name, password and then confirm my password and ....... Get a message saying that password should not contain first name, last name or email ........ IT DIDN'T!

Userlevel 1

Morning @RickWhie,

If you have not yet registered, you should be able to online, at my.idmobile.co.uk. Try using an Incognito / Private Tab. If you are having a different issue, please reply to this message.

Thanks.

thanks @Matthew Thompson  I did not have to use Incognito / Private Tab, it just worked for me via my.idmobile.co.uk i was put in a queue. Setting up the account took a couple of tries as the password element, kept asking me not to use an email address :) there was no @ or anything that resembled my name or an email address in the password, so i think the backend needs to be looked at. But finally i can access via browser on the PC.  Now to sort the mobile app out.  

Userlevel 3

What on earth?!?!

Went to check my useage last night and started this whole "we've updated our app" malarkey. I got the 'bear with us message' last night so I've tried again just now and, after waiting 5 minutes or so in the 'virtual queue' I enter my first name, second name, password and then confirm my password and ....... Get a message saying that password should not contain first name, last name or email ........ IT DIDN'T!

I’ve had the same thing all day today. That was after two weeks of the “Bear with us” page, there is obviously a major issue with this new app, however nobody seems bothered about it. I have made an official complaint which seems to be the only option to get customer service to listen to the problem. Although they say I will be contacted by the Complaints Team within 3 days, I shall not be holding my breath!

Userlevel 1

Been an I.D. customer for years.  Am classified as vulnerable due to brain injury.

I have tried at least 15 times to Register for the new APP...says phone too old...which is rollocks!

So tried via Web.  Eventually at 0745 this morning it says ‘success’ (after c10 x attempts).  BUT it won’t allow me to input the telephone number...just get the “oops there’s a problem try again”...so USELESS.

This is a total nightmare...locked out with mobile AND computer.  I NEED to know Data useage regularly…  I have slow broadband so can’t sit on LIVE CHAT for hours only to be told nothing new.  

Who cares about 100k customer have reg’d...that was 14 days ago!  And if you’ve only 100k customers then not much of a company!  More likely about 1% have registered - 99% with NO access due to faulty software upgrade... 

Will I.D. give ALL its customers a £10+ CREDIT for this hassle (turn it into a positive marketing nightmare!)...as it’s a real farce for an I.T. focussed company?! 

Meanwhile, if I go over my data, as it is NOT my fault your system is faulty, blocking me, I shall assume I.D. Mobile will waive all penalties UNTIL your website is in full working order as I do believe it is contracted to do.

I shall keep trying to input my phone number to link to the ‘new ac’...but might die meanwhile with the time it’s taking…!

Userlevel 1

I have tried a number of times but still cannot get onto my account on app or web.

The web asks me,(after a long wait) to

Create account.

Please tell us your name and create a secure password for the email address .

But when I put a password in, sometimes it just loops back to the same screen and other times I get the message..

Password must not include first name, last name or email.

BUT I have not used any of them. its a random password!

Been at this 2 hours now and even the chat were totaly unhelpful

Userlevel 1

I try to register to my account on this new bogus app.

It keeps asking for password with no first name or last name or email.

Demand special characters blablah blah. 

I have now tried all the possible ways of making any password but system won't allow me

Issue is not making a new app only but also it is demanding a password for Fort Knox. 

How are we going to be paying without seeing what we are using? 

I have been on computer for almost 3 hours and no way I can see my account nor can I make a password word. 

It's system is denied all the possible password on earth. Lord of passwords has fainted.

Can someone please wake up and fix this issues with app.

In Kenya, somaliland, Uganda, all this countries mobile are seriously perfect in Africa. 

Thus this is UK, we are being ripped off daily. .…

No compensation for list money and data while we all whinning about the same issue. 

100.000 people have access, !  What's that got to do with me, I need to see what I pay for the app. 

Honesty shames no one,.. I took hat off for my b..…

But my id mobile app is down for weeks.

Today I was added ons for 3gb £ 8 worth of GB without me asking for it while I was chatting with Mr. Chimusa I'd mobile employee. 

You steal from vulnerable people who chat in to ask why app is not working. 

If I had my app working I wouldn't have ran out of data. 

You made us lose money. 

How can you put money in prepaid meter if you can not see balance. 

It's a reap off. 

I am tired. 

Userlevel 1

I too got stuck in the cloudflare queue for ages and when I finally got the registration page got the “Password must not include first name, last name or email” error. Took a look at the network tab on developer tools for my browser and could see a Post request being sent and a response with the error message. Looks like some server side validation is throwing an exception and returning a default message. 

I clearly missed the memo … do all existing customers have to create an account all over again?

Both on the app and online I am being asked to register an account … which I thought I already did years ago and use on a monthly basis.

Userlevel 1

Yes I had to reregester a pain. But the registration does not work, on mine it will not accept a new password. Good luck

How has this been 15 days? What a disgrace...still cannot get anything other that the “Please bear with us” page.

It’s been 10 days since I’ve been able to access the app, I just keep getting the bear with us message, not good

Userlevel 2

What on earth?!?!

Morning @Alastair123,

Are you still facing this issue or have you now successfully registered?

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

What on earth?!?!

I’ve had the same thing all day today. That was after two weeks of the “Bear with us” page, there is obviously a major issue with this new app, however nobody seems bothered about it. I have made an official complaint which seems to be the only option to get customer service to listen to the problem. Although they say I will be contacted by the Complaints Team within 3 days, I shall not be holding my breath!

Morning @Debsians,

We understand the rollout of the iD Mobile app has not gone as expected. However, we continue to make steps in the right direction daily. While not ideal, this article provides an alternative process for customers for all, bar one, functions of the app. Is there a particular action you’d like to do, or have you now successfully registered?

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

Been an I.D. customer for years.  Am classified as vulnerable due to brain injury.

I have tried at least 15 times to Register for the new APP...says phone too old...which is rollocks!

So tried via Web.  Eventually at 0745 this morning it says ‘success’ (after c10 x attempts).  BUT it won’t allow me to input the telephone number...just get the “oops there’s a problem try again”...so USELESS.

This is a total nightmare...locked out with mobile AND computer.  I NEED to know Data useage regularly…  I have slow broadband so can’t sit on LIVE CHAT for hours only to be told nothing new.  

Who cares about 100k customer have reg’d...that was 14 days ago!  And if you’ve only 100k customers then not much of a company!  More likely about 1% have registered - 99% with NO access due to faulty software upgrade... 

Will I.D. give ALL its customers a £10+ CREDIT for this hassle (turn it into a positive marketing nightmare!)...as it’s a real farce for an I.T. focussed company?! 

Meanwhile, if I go over my data, as it is NOT my fault your system is faulty, blocking me, I shall assume I.D. Mobile will waive all penalties UNTIL your website is in full working order as I do believe it is contracted to do.

I shall keep trying to input my phone number to link to the ‘new ac’...but might die meanwhile with the time it’s taking…!

Morning @Ruggy,

Are you still facing issues adding your mobile number to the iD Mobile app? If so, please reply to this message and I’ll send you a Private Message to figure out why. If you need to check your Data Usage, the quickest way to do so is to call our Automated Phone Service (7777 using an iD Mobile SIM, 0333 003 7777 from any other device).

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

I have tried a number of times but still cannot get onto my account on app or web.

The web asks me,(after a long wait) to

Create account.

Please tell us your name and create a secure password for the email address .

But when I put a password in, sometimes it just loops back to the same screen and other times I get the message..

Password must not include first name, last name or email.

BUT I have not used any of them. its a random password!

Been at this 2 hours now and even the chat were totaly unhelpful

Morning @Brian Lyell,

There was a brief glitch with passwords not being accepted yesterday, which has now be resolved. Please try registering again through my.idmobile.co.uk, you should have more luck!

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

I try to register to my account on this new bogus app.

It keeps asking for password with no first name or last name or email.

Demand special characters blablah blah. 

I have now tried all the possible ways of making any password but system won't allow me

Issue is not making a new app only but also it is demanding a password for Fort Knox. 

How are we going to be paying without seeing what we are using? 

I have been on computer for almost 3 hours and no way I can see my account nor can I make a password word. 

It's system is denied all the possible password on earth. Lord of passwords has fainted.

Can someone please wake up and fix this issues with app.

In Kenya, somaliland, Uganda, all this countries mobile are seriously perfect in Africa. 

Thus this is UK, we are being ripped off daily. .…

No compensation for list money and data while we all whinning about the same issue. 

100.000 people have access, !  What's that got to do with me, I need to see what I pay for the app. 

Honesty shames no one,.. I took hat off for my b..…

But my id mobile app is down for weeks.

Today I was added ons for 3gb £ 8 worth of GB without me asking for it while I was chatting with Mr. Chimusa I'd mobile employee. 

You steal from vulnerable people who chat in to ask why app is not working. 

If I had my app working I wouldn't have ran out of data. 

You made us lose money. 

How can you put money in prepaid meter if you can not see balance. 

It's a reap off. 

I am tired. 

Good morning @Khalid Ahmed,

There was a brief glitch with passwords not being accepted yesterday, which has now be resolved. Please try registering again through my.idmobile.co.uk, you should have more luck!

Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?