Question

cant activate new sim - Problems registering

• 9 September 2020
  • 13 replies

Hi there, we have two new sims for our phones. I have been able to register mine fine and am using it. The other one is not working - I don’t know if we have the correct ‘transaction number’ - we are using the ‘order reference number’ that cam with the email. we don't have the piece of paper that arrived with the sims. How can we fix this?

thanks for your help

13 replies

hello, anybody out there from Id mobile? There is no customer services at all anywhere. We’d really like some help here. Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for the late reply here @benedict 

When you say “activate”, do you just mean you’re having trouble registering it?  As the SIM’s should arrive active and ready to use in theory.

When registering, you would need to ensure you’re entering the mobile number that has come with that SIM and ensure you use a unique username/ email address when registering each individual account too.
Let us know though if you need further help.

I have entered my new SIM card number but it’s saying this is already in use ? 

I can’t seem to activate my new replacement sim. I have tried calling ID but no joy 

my old sim has been blocked already 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jay_bee400,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to assist you in getting that SIM card activated.

Will

Hi I'm trying to activate me new sim but I don't have my old sim or phone as they were damaged for the security code to be sent to. There is also no email address registered so I can't send the activation code there either. Is there another way to activate the sim or can I register an email address? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Janet Wheeler,

Is it a new SIM for a new line or is it a replacement SIM that you are trying to activate?

Thanks,

Kash

Hi Kash

im helping my mum (Janet) set this up

Its a new sim she upgraded her phone yesterday and this one came with it

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Janet61,

The old SIM should still be working, have you tried inserting that SIM into the handset?

Thanks

Kash

Hi Kash unfortunately it was lost as the last phone was damaged and now we can’t find the old sim 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Janet Wheeler,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Sorry for the delay I have just replied in my private messages thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

No problem @Janet Wheeler, we’ll keep in touch via Private Message going forward.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?