Question

paying for ex wifes phone

• 7 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I took out a contract for my ex wife a few months ago. Since breaking up she is refusing to return the phone. I am unable to access chat because I cant log in and I am unable to log in as I cant set a new password because ID send a verification code to the phone which she will clearly not provide to me. I am desperate to speak to someone. Please help

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re very sorry to hear of the drama you’re facing at current @Adamsteelesg, no one needs that.

With regards to those verification codes, the only team who could particularly help circumvent that process right now would be our Live Chat Team.

See those codes sent would only work for 15 minutes or so, so they’d be the only ones who could relay a code to you whilst you’re speaking to them if you request a code in another window whilst chatting with them.

Alternatively.  If you’d like, we could send you a private message on here to put a block on the current SIM.  Then simultaneous to that we could send you out a replacement SIM so that you’d have the SIM for the account (and any future codes would be sent to that SIM etc).

I believe in terms of potentially getting the phone back, it would be a civil matter with the police.  If the order is in your name and you can prove that to them, you could get them involved to investigate and reclaim that potentially if things come to that.

Why iD Mobile?