Solved

Problems resetting password on app

• 28 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’ve just got a new ID sim and have successfully transferred over my old number using my PAC code. Unfortunately I can’t seem to get into the app.

The app has told me my email address is already registered (surprising), so I’ve tried resetting the password. When I do this, I get the security code texted to my phone, but I can’t get the code to work at all. When I enter it in (carefully, checking it’s correct), I get the message, “Oops. Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.”

I tried registering before I’d transferred across the number, and am trying again now, but it still won’t let me reset my password. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks,

Jessica

PS I’ve edited this post following an update to my issues!

icon

Best answer by Kevin 28 July 2020, 19:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @jelkin 

Have you ever been an iD customer prior to recently?  If so, and you’ve used that email address to register an older account, then you would need to register your new account under a different email/ username.

Could you try doing the password reset through a different browser or device?  Sometimes browser cookies/ cache can cause issues with the password reset/ account login pages.

If none of the above helps, and you have further trouble, just let us know and we’ll troubleshoot this further if need be.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kevin, I tried a few browsers and eventually one worked!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jelkin,

That’s great to hear, we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?