4 essential apps for hikes and walks

4 essential apps for hikes and walks

Show first post

79 replies

Userlevel 1

I love to walk near the river Bug when I'm on holiday in Poland. 

Userlevel 1

Ohhh, this is a tough one. I've been lucky living in North Wales most of my life. Love walks up different routes in Snowdonia, Model Siabod is great. The Great Orme has beautiful views at the top. The coastal path by Rhos-on-sea has great sunrises & sunsets. But for relaxation, getting some quality mindfulness time I like a walk up Bidston Hill in Birkenhead. It quick and easy, has a variety of wildlife, views of North Wales, the Wirral & Liverpool. 

Userlevel 1

Hello hello fellow ramblers!.

Our favourite meanders are at St George's playing fields in Watford, 'The Cowfields'... A remarkably serene SSSI area intersected by a tranquil clear stream and visiting herd of friendly cows who keep the shrubbery low so nature and diversity flourishes... 

Userlevel 1

Balmoral Scotland has to be my favourite place to walk ,you can walk for miles in the beautiful woodland with majestic stags and rare animals such as red squirrels, birds of prey and capercaillie for company,if your lucky enough to visit the area then it is well worth a stop at Loch Muick which is also a part of the Balmoral estate , it's unrivalled scenery nestled between the snowcapped hills. 

Userlevel 2

I love walking along a beach. The feeling of sand beneath your feet and water on your legs. Especially if there’s a chance to see some wildlife in the water as you go.

Userlevel 2

I love 🚶🏾walking through the Peak District 🏔️ every so often. Being in Leicestershire, we have so much beauty around the area. And as I am getting older, walking 🚶🏾 is so important, that so much I ‘try’ and do 7,000 steps a day and watch out for the cow 💩 too. 🤣

#fitbit ⌚️

Userlevel 1

I’m a life long freshwater fisherman, in search of large wily Perch. I love using Google Maps to look for new areas to explore, especially off the beaten path to places that are undisturbed, which makes them exciting. Would be fishing blind without Google Maps! 👍

A walk along my local river-bank is always best!

I love walking in the Lake District! Although last time I got caught in torrential rain so I'll have to check the weather more carefully in the future!

Userlevel 1

My favourite place to walk is Bridgewater Way, beside my local canal. I get out there every day that I can.

Userlevel 1

My favourite place to hike is the Peak District. We collect memory stones on our hikes as reminders of where we have been. Best memory so far is climbing Mam Tor in the dark with head torches on on New Years Eve to watch all the fireworks around the area as midnight struck last year memories for a lifetime. 

Userlevel 1

LANTERN PIKE in High Peak. I do this walk about once a fortnight and never tire of it!  It's a steep climb with a view to die for no matter what the weather. 

My favourite walk is known as the "Settle Loop".  About 10 miles of the Pennines, starting and finishing in the lovely market town of Settle. Potholes and caves to see on the way and a pub or cafe at the end.  What could be better. 

My favourite place for a walk is to the beach where I live in Whitstable 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Riverside park, Southampton

Userlevel 1

My favourite place to walk is the Lake District.

Userlevel 2

We love to wander around our local woods in Badby with our two puppies, especially when they are filled with blue forget me knots, beautiful :-)

Userlevel 1

I enjoy walking in the Pentland Hills near Edinburgh. We have beautiful sunsets here.

Userlevel 1

My favourite places are two local parks. Alvaston and Markeaton. I like the lake side and river. Calming experience 

My favourite place to walk is along my local river. I try to walk most days and love watching the wildlife and seeing the seasons change. Really essential for wellbeing!

Userlevel 1

My favourite walk is Rocky Valley mid way between Boscastle and Tintagel Its steeped in history and mysticism 

Userlevel 2

My Favourite place to walk is Three Cliffs Bay,Swansea.  It is a beautiful place to visit with amazing views.

Userlevel 1

My favourite walk - is to the pub. Nearby and something special at the end!

Userlevel 1

I don't hike . But I do ride ,as often as possible anywhere and everywhere!! Got to love the peaks 

My favourite place to walk is around a local area called joey the swan there’s woodlands fields cow fields that go on for mile! It’s so peaceful and there’s always of people walking their dogs (never a bad thing!) 

Why iD Mobile?