4 essential apps for hikes and walks

4 essential apps for hikes and walks

Show first post

79 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello hello fellow ramblers!.

Our favourite meanders are at St George's playing fields in Watford, 'The Cowfields'... A remarkably serene SSSI area intersected by a tranquil clear stream and visiting herd of friendly cows who keep the shrubbery low so nature and diversity flourishes... 

Userlevel 1

Ohhh, this is a tough one. I've been lucky living in North Wales most of my life. Love walks up different routes in Snowdonia, Model Siabod is great. The Great Orme has beautiful views at the top. The coastal path by Rhos-on-sea has great sunrises & sunsets. But for relaxation, getting some quality mindfulness time I like a walk up Bidston Hill in Birkenhead. It quick and easy, has a variety of wildlife, views of North Wales, the Wirral & Liverpool. 

Userlevel 1

I love to walk near the river Bug when I'm on holiday in Poland. 

Userlevel 1

I like to keep my step count up walking round Swanholme lakes and Hartsholme park in Lincoln. 

Userlevel 1

I love finding trails around the city centre to get away from the busy roads and crowded streets. The Meanwood Valley Trail is a personal favourite. There are some amazing views and loads of hidden gems along the way.

Userlevel 1

This is Porthkidney Beach, St Ives Bay, Cornwall. There are no car parks in the immediate vicinity so the vast expanse of beach is mostly empty. We love to walk along the South West Coast Path from Carbis Bay to Lelant, enjoying stunning views amidst luscious hedgerow greenery, emerging at the mouth of Hayle River Estuary where we skirt round to the beach and walk back along the sand to Carbis Bay. If we're lucky and the tide is out far enough, we can walk round into Carbis Bay beach, otherwise a short rock climb is involved, back to the coast path. Sublime at all times of the year (weather permitting)! 

Userlevel 1

ur mind  and take in the view 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

The cliffs around the beach at Cala en Porter in Menorca, Spain...

Userlevel 1

My favourite place is Snowdon. Lots of routes to choose from, depending on your mood you could have a chill walk or an adventurous one with gorgeous views each way!

My favourite place to walk is in north Wales up to Mao Famou

My favourite place is sankey valley park it has a canel  with swans & old building  & loads of knooks & walk ways that take you all over the country in cheshire & town u can go for an hour or 2 walk & u end at the other side of town 

Userlevel 1

I love walking in’God’s Own Country’, where I live. Otley Chevin is wonderful. Yes please.

my favourite places to walk is the Lake District  where I was born , I don't live there now but visit lots and always feels like home 😊 

I’m beyond lucky to live at the base of the Pennines. During lockdown it was a godsend. There are loads of different walks ranging from half an hour to several hours walking over to tintwhistle or holmfirth. Lots of wildlife too - deer, pheasants, rabbits to name but a few. See lots of other walkers out on my ventures.

Userlevel 1

I really enjoy a run around the local trails of bear park Langley moor in Co Durham!

My favourite place to walk is through Bewdley and along the river Severn. 

I love walking through Bournemouth gardens from Coy pond down through the various gardens each with there own unique feel and earthy floral scent, a variety of greenery down to the where the beach opens up to a beautiful wide panoramic view of the bright sandy beaches with a soft blue ocean with the fresh smell of salt, feeling recharged for tackle anything that comes my way.

I love walking either at Stafford Castle  or cannock chase it clears my mind 

My favourite place is Leamington spa ☺️..I go once a week for a nice walk, the park is beautiful and peaceful.

My favourite places for walks/hikes are coastal areas or mountainous regions. Both can provide splendid views which makes them 10x better

Userlevel 1

My top walking destination would be by the seaside, however the beach is too far away from where i am, so my local favourite is Allt-yr-yn nature reserve as it has a variety to look at and walk through. Dirt trails, fields, woods, bridges, over a lake, a concrete walkway with a hole in the wall for animals to jump through. It is a lovely bit to walk with your dog. 

My favourite place to walk is around a local area called joey the swan there’s woodlands fields cow fields that go on for mile! It’s so peaceful and there’s always of people walking their dogs (never a bad thing!) 

Userlevel 1

My favourite walk - is to the pub. Nearby and something special at the end!

Userlevel 1

My favourite walk is Rocky Valley mid way between Boscastle and Tintagel Its steeped in history and mysticism