Blog

Boost Your Mood This Blue Monday

• 13 January 2022
  • 90 replies
Boost Your Mood This Blue Monday

Show first post

90 replies

Userlevel 2

Blue Monday has been a great Monday as I am now part of a Diversity & Inclusion Group at work and we’ve had a Brew Monday event today which was really good. It’s good to talk to people to get yourself out of the blues. :-)

Userlevel 1

I like to put my snuggley lounge wear on make a hot choc put heating on full and watch my favourite film  

I call a friend.

Userlevel 2

Karaoke with my girlfriends.

Userlevel 1

I like to escape into a good book or I get out my art supplies and just try to either capture how I feeling or paint something beautiful to sweep away any negativity failing on both of these usually then results in a nap snuggled in a huge warm quilt

Userlevel 1

We live close to beautiful countryside. I love to walk and take photographs. It's lovely to share them with others and they can be make into beautiful computer or phone wallpapers. 

Userlevel 1

I love to go for walks in a big park and hats close to me. Just seeing all of the greenery and animals is such a wonderful mood boost. As soon as I step into the park I have the biggest smile on my face and just take it all in. It makes me feel like I’m a million miles away. So great for mental and physical health. 

Userlevel 1

I like to be with people that make me happy so spending more time with family and friends is a must! 

Userlevel 1

I just FaceTime my daughters. They always cheer me up. I tend not to get too down, I’m lucky. If my girls aren’t about I’ll go onto my VR headset and do some virtual fishing with my online friends. A nice chat helps too. 

Userlevel 1

At this time of year, when its cold and dark early nights, get all snuggled up with the kids and a good film to watch to take opur mind away from any worries!  

Good film with a cup of tea!

Userlevel 1

I get out and take landscape photos. Not only is it good exercise but dawn and dusk, which are the best times for photography, are at relatively social times of the day. This one I took on my ID Mobile - iPhone 12

Userlevel 1

When I am feeling sad and depressed, I first of all get my prayer mat and convey all my heart filled feelings and sorrows to my God! I weep and weep till I can no longer cry.

After feeling a little better, I then try to think of something that makes me happy ( such as baking, cooking something, watching my favourite songs/movies that I onced loved and relive those memories attached to those songs/movies or perhaps drive away somewhere where it is just me and myself!

I think to take yourself out of the blue, it is important that you first learn to love your self and work on your self! If you are happy and content everything around you will be better. 

Spend time with my nefew. 

Boxing really helps and it gets the angry out I am feeling .

Cooking/baking

Last year was a bad year last year with death of my dad 

Userlevel 1

I like to unwind by going a walk in the fresh air and taking in the beautiful views around me, watching the sea waves crash. And then followed by some family time, chats over a cuppa and endless reminiscing of good times.