Skip to main content

iD Mobile Summer of Sport!

iD Mobile Summer of Sport!

If you’re a big sports fan, you’re in for a treat this summer. There’s a bumper calendar of sports to get excited about – from the European Championships over in Germany, to the Olympics in the French capital. 

iD Mobile is proud to offer all customers travelling to Germany with the benefit of unlimited roaming usage of minutes, texts and data for the duration of the tournament (14th June until 14th July). So fans needn’t worry about sharing their celebrations on social media, streaming highlights on their devices, or keeping connected and safe whilst away. We’re also extending this generous offer for fans soon-to-be en route to Paris to get behind Team GB. iD will also enable customers travelling to France to benefit from unlimited roaming usage of minutes, texts and data for the duration of the Paris 2024 Olympics (25th July until 12th August).

This special sporting offer is open to all customers on all plans, including pay monthly (SIM only and phone plans) and pay as you go. Now that’s mobile done right! 

Euro 2024.

When: June 14th - July 14th

Where: Germany 

How to watch: BBC & ITV (or online via BBC iPlayer & ITVX)

Right, let’s kick off with Euro 2024. It’s another chance for England to finally win their first international tournament since the World Cup in ‘66. Southgate’s men came close to lifting the trophy on home soil back in 2021, losing out in an agonising shootout. We’re still not over that one. 

And like last time round, it’s not going to be easy - even if we are one of the favourites. 2018 World Cup winners France, European champs Italy and footballing powerhouses like Spain and Germany are all going to be gunning for the title. While other home nations like Scotland hope to go one better and finally get out the group stage.

It’ll probably be the last hurrah for big names like Ronaldo and Modric too. Will they finish on a high, or crash out early doors? For England’s sake, we really hope it’s the latter…

The Olympics.

When: July 26th – August 11th

Where: Paris, France

How to watch: BBC, Eurosport (or online via BBC iPlayer)

With the Olympics, there’s genuinely a bit of something for everyone. In all, there’ll be 32 sports for you to watch at the Paris games. And that includes everything from your more traditional athletics (long jump, javelin, the 4 x 100m relay etc), to BMX racing and sport climbing. 

Breaking news! We’ve also got a brand-new sport making its debut – breakdancing. 16 men and 16 women will go head-to-head in a battle format, showing off their moves one after the other. They won’t know the music they’ll be grooving to ahead of time either. So, it’s all about improvising!

Don’t forget about the Paralympics either. It follows hot on the heels of the Olympics, running from August 28th – September 8th. And when you add both events together, you’re looking at nearly a month of edge of your seat competition involving the world’s best athletes. We can’t wait. 

Wimbledon.

When: July 1st – July 14th

Where: Wimbledon, London

How to watch: BBC (or online via BBC iPlayer)

Federer’s retired. Andy Murray isn’t a spring chicken anymore. And Nadal is slowing down a bit. So, you might think Djokovic has a clear shot at winning his 8th Wimbledon title. But don’t be surprised if there’s an upset on the cards.

Carlos Alcaraz got his hands on the famous trophy for the first time in 2022. And he’s joined by a whole class of young upstarts set on taking the legends down a peg or two. Keep an eye out for Jannik Sinner, Holger Rune and Casper Ruud especially. This lot could serve up a tennis masterclass and go all the way.

And with Serena Williams out the game for the last few years, it’s just as open on the women’s side of things. Our money’s on Sabalenka or Świątek. You heard it here first. 

The British Grand Prix ​​​​​​.

When: July 5th – July 7th

Where: Silverstone, England

How to watch: Sky Sports, NOW TV

52 laps of high-octane racing on a Sunday afternoon. There’s no better way to spend part of your weekend. And with the Grand Prix taking place right here in England, you can actually get yourself down to the track at Silverstone if you’re lucky enough!

You’d put your house on Verstappen taking that first spot on the podium again. But Team Ferrari is right on his tail, with Leclerc and Sainz close behind in the overall season standings. On the Mercedes side of things, Hamilton hasn’t been up to his usual lofty standards, but you can’t count him out just yet. Especially not on home soil…

Which huge sporting event are you looking forward to the most? Or are you jetting off to watch one right there in the stadium? Tell us all about it down below!

10 replies

Userlevel 1

Great calender info on some key sporting events. ID on the ball! 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great calender info on some key sporting events. ID on the ball! 👍

Thanks @Skewy! Glad you liked the article!

How can I get roaming when I go to Italy in September 

Userlevel 1

Attn id mobile SIM card, I believe offers roaming in Italy, but do check charge rates.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Sheelagh Cotton 

If you’re on iD Mobile, you’ll automatically have roaming while in Italy.

Tom

So does this mean the 30gb limit doesn’t apply during the Olympics? Does the 30gb limit start again on August 13th?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning @AmbaGambla. That’s right, you’ll be able to use all of your minutes, texts and data (up to the limits of your plan, so say you have a 50GB plan you’ll have 50GB roaming) throughout he duration of the Olympics while in France. Thanks.

Hi there, I am currently in the south of France and I have just recieved a notification that I have used 80% of my 30gb allowance I usually have 250gb will I still be charged roaming if I exceed this whilst I am in France or is there anything I need to do ? Thanks :)

Furthermore, if I hotspot my roaming to my iPad to watch a film will I be charged extra or is it included in the unlimited roaming ? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning @Jessgoold,

I’ve sent you a Private Message.

Thanks.