• 81 replies
iOS 14 and Android 11 - Here's Everything You Need To Know

Show first post

81 replies

Ipad & iPhone for me everything the same in both making it so easy to use 

Userlevel 1

Android for phone, apple for the tablet - simples 

Userlevel 3

I prefer Apple because of it’s minimalistic design and the recent IOS 14 update and its simplicity of use. 

I prefer apple but that’s just because I’ve always had them so know how they work 

I have never used a iPhone. I've owned many Nokia mobiles. Then I progressed to a Wiley Fox Swift 2 Plus. Which I found easier to use but unfortunately I got it wet whilst taking part in the Northumberland Coastal Run in 2018. I had to have a new screen. I was out running in a park in Dublin a deer suddenly appeared out of nowhere and I dropped my mobile. Cracked the new screen. Husband decided I needed a new mobile. I chose a Samsung Galaxy S8. On recommendation of my Son as he has one. With a Otterbox case I haven't cracked the screen yet. The camera on this mobile is brilliant. Easy to take selfies of my running, swimming and biking mates by just shouting "smile" or "cheese". I was considering buying a waterproof case so I could take photos when open water swimming but knowing me I'd drop it in a river never to see it again.

I am part of a family Google Play account. Which is so easy to stream and download music. Then I can bluetooth it through my car entertainment system along with texts and calls. Easy peasy. Even for a 61 year old Doris like me.

I'm a fan of Android, mainly because that is all I have used, so can't compare.

I have never had any issues and I'm extremely happy with the service android Provides

Definitely the iPhone & IOS dor me, they're way more secure, there’s no way I’d trust all the financial information & apps I use on my iPhone to Android. Never, never, never.

Userlevel 1

Always android for me, have had apple phones before and I hated them even got my children to switch to android.

Android is more user friendly and better price.

Userlevel 1

I’m a fan of both - I like using Android for my phone and have an iPad which I like to use

Userlevel 1

Android was built on copying Apples OS.
Apple has far superior Integration of Hardware and Softwa
re in the iPhone. 
Apps are out first on iPhone. 

Syncs so well within the Apple ecosystem.

Apple Pay

Family sharing

Unrivalled support 

etc 

I have had both Apple and Android phones in the past. Currently I have an android phone and have completly changing my opinion on them. It is user friendly, fast and responsive for my needs. I'll be staying with android for the foreseeable. X

Userlevel 1

I love my Nokia Android One phone - It is kept up to date with security patches for over 2 years and keeps working.

I’m an Android fan. I need something that is affordable, simple to use and easy to understand, I don’t need bells and whistles. Android has given me everything I need and is compatible with all my other devices.

Userlevel 1

Bought an brand new Ipad about 5years ago and enjoyed it a great deal.  I changed my Nokia phone to a used Apple 5s about 3years ago and ‘With a little help from my friends ,”  soon got the hang of things.  

My partner kept old Nokia phone until about 3 months ago when I upgraded to a more modern  used Iphone S and my apple was passed over. 

The features on the new phone are mostly beyond my needs  and capabilities  and  it does things I don’t intend. 

I have not had a smart phone other than the apple so genuinely cannot compare.  

I do use laptop  Apple Iphone and Ipad most days as can continue lots of things between them. 

Userlevel 3

I have always used Android and have got used to it. I have just acquired an iPad and find it less user friendly and most of the apps that I use are not very compatible -  WhatsApp runs very slow as does Gmail and they don’t always update regularly. Maybe I just need to use and get used to the iOS more.

Over the years I have used both android and apple, I have now returned to android for good, I feel Apple are over priced and restrictive on what apps I can use.

Userlevel 1

Prefer Android.

It's eco system is easy to blend in without spending lot of 💰.  Hope security improves over time.

I have always used android, i find it so much simpler to use than apple. I also found android can be used with many different brands and items.

Android - having the ability to install apps not from a selected store is must have

Userlevel 2

Definitely Android but I have to defend what, I believe, is far better value for money in a household of Applephiles.

Userlevel 4

I recently moved over from Apple to Android and much prefer Android. The screen, processing power and camera of the phone is much better than any iPhone that I could've bought for a similar amount of money.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Don’t forget to check out our other interesting article on the new PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, let us know in the comments on that article which franchise you prefer. I am definitely a PlayStation fan! I’ve already pre-ordered my PS5 #Excited!

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/blog-posts-and-competitions-45/playstation-5-vs-xbox-series-x-s-37603

Userlevel 1

I had apple for many years but since changing to android I have not looked back there's so much more you can do with android I would never go back 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I definitely am a fan of both. I use a Mac and iPad for home use, and have had an iPhone; but I really do enjoy Samsung devices as they are always innovating and Android devices have so much more customisation and freedom. iPhones tend to be very restrictive on what you can do and what apps you have.  

I'm an Android man!

I use Google drive for files, Google photos for pictures and Play Music up until recently for music.

Living in that ecosystem works for me.