Mind Over Matter: Top Apps to Help You Find Your Calm - Competition

• 22 February 2021
  • 32 replies
Mind Over Matter: Top Apps to Help You Find Your Calm - Competition

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 1

Walking and cycling around trees is my own way of meditation. I prefer the visual context to help with relaxation. 

Got two young boys at home so there home schooling has kept me mentally fresh and at it at all times.

Userlevel 2

I’ve been using Sam Harris’ Waking Up meditation app since last April. Great way to learn mindfulness, which really helps during times of stress!

I think with the kids being off school I’ve had a lack of routine and felt tired a lot, I’ve now started self love, rest and spring cleaning to make me feel more positive 

HI I've always found it really difficult to switch off and meditate although I have had many many attempts at this I think my biggest problem is patience and perseverance​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@itsali Hey there! this sounds great, definitely try to get back into it. I agree with you in regards to walking, I have been working from home for over a year now and my physical activity has greatly declined, I went on a long walk the other day and it felt so good, my knees ached a little the next day and that was enough of a kick up the bum to tell me I should be walking more regularly, also really helps to clear the mind. 

I used to meditate and do yoga. I’ve started meditating again and find it helps with feeling calmer,. I’m also going for my daily walks, switching off the TV unless there’s something I want to watch and I’m going to start yoga again :)

Why iD Mobile?