Our Pick Of Top Activities For You This Summer - Closed

• 11 August 2020
  • 44 replies
Our Pick Of Top Activities For You This Summer - Closed

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

44 replies

Userlevel 3

Chessington - Chessington was large part of my childhood as we would always go on family trips to visit Chessington World of Adventures Resort and have so much fun riding on all the rides 🙃. 

Salford - a much maligned city near to me when I was growing up and where I went to University and where I still enjoy going to the theatre.

Coventry. Not an obvious choice, I know, but definitely a place to get to know better. Before the 2nd world war it was one of the most historic cities in England with many medieval buildings, but a destructive Luftwaffe bombing raid in 1940 ripped out the heart of the city. Post-war town planners didn’t improve matters and the city became rather unloved. But now people are re-discovering Coventry’s charms. The “new” cathedral is a wonder, the story of Lady Godiva is legendary, and I really hope that Coventry can fulfil its promise as UK Capital of Culture in 2021.   

Although I live just outside Manchester, my favourite city has to be York. It has such an amazing sense of history. It’s a train ride away for a day trip but I love staying for a short break. I always discover something new when I go. I could meander around the shambles all day! I also love visiting Cliffords tower.

Userlevel 1

I love visiting York - I like that it has so much history and enjoy walking around The Shambles.

Userlevel 1

I love the Lake District - I have been fortunate enough to visit the Lakes a few times now (it’s a steady 4/5 hour drive from where I live!). I think it’s just beautiful up there and I am so lucky to have the opportunity to book a cosy Airbnb, plan some amazing walks and just generally relax in the countryside for a few days at a time. I would love to be able to do it more often. The image below is of me at the summit of Catbells during my my most recent visit.

Love York.  Got designer outlet & shambles for shopping. Betty tearoom is always a must. River walks. Historical places. Get for a day out or to stay. 

My favourite city is York due to cobbled streets, history and character it has. Plus the fact it’s not a huge city to get lost in. I love walking on the York walls too. Very beautiful and memorable visit with my family.

Userlevel 1

@Cocosmum86 That sounds amazing! I am glad you had a great trip. I have heard great things about Cornwall and St Ives myself, it is on my list of places in the UK to travel to. The pictures I have seen of Cornwall really do look like a holiday destination, I just need someone else to do the long drive haha. 

You can take the train we do! It’s a beautiful trip along the coast x

Userlevel 1

Liverpool, home of the champions.

Userlevel 1

I love visiting London and am really missing our yearly weekend break there this year. Even after years of visiting we still find new and interesting things to do every time. I love the quirky Brick Lane area and the trendy terrace bars in Kensington, but we also love to be proper tourist and do a trip down the Thames to take in all the sites. It never gets old. My personal favourite from a recent trip was visiting the Sky Garden which was completely FREE!

Userlevel 1

My home town of Bristol without a doubt!! Bedminster born & bred and proud!.. Bedminster/Knowle/Hartcliffe for its community spirt! Southville for the hipsters! Stokes Croft/St Paul’s for the diversity… the balloon fiesta, St Paul’s carnival, the harbour festival, Grillstock, Upfest...I could go on!!! But I am also up for all parts of beautiful Cornwall..

Norwich it is a 'fine city' it's beautiful and has so much to see and do and is only an hour away from where I live at the seaside! 

Userlevel 1

I’ve always liked London. There is so much to see and do and is only a 2h drive right to the tube station. My kids loved day trips there to see the sights. Once Covid is “over” I can’t wait to visit again with my family. 

Userlevel 2

Has to be London. So much to see-rivers, parks old buildings, street art, museums etc. Plenty of cafes and restaurants too.

My favourite city in the UK is Brighton! It has everything, so many shops, bars, cafes, restaurants, and so many of them quirky, unusual little establishments you couldn’t find anywhere else. Then it also has the beach with the famous Palace Pier, and the South Downs with some incredible views over Sussex. It is so liberal and has people from all walks of life living together harmoniously.  I have grown up fairly nearby but its taken lockdown to make me realise just how special the city is!

Userlevel 1

My favourite city has to be London! Cliche? Maybe, but I love the place. I feel like in that city, I can be myself and I never seem to worry about what people think of me when I’m there. I get to do all the things that I love and be exactly who I want to be! Can’t wait to go again soon 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Cocosmum86 That sounds amazing! I am glad you had a great trip. I have heard great things about Cornwall and St Ives myself, it is on my list of places in the UK to travel to. The pictures I have seen of Cornwall really do look like a holiday destination, I just need someone else to do the long drive haha. 

Userlevel 3

Last year I was lucky enough to holiday down in Cornwall, staying in St Ives. Its such a beautiful area, with beaches and amazing things to do so close, it feels like you're on holiday somewhere in the Mediterranean instead!! 

Why iD Mobile?