The epic evolution of gaming!

• 1 September 2023
  • 295 replies
The epic evolution of gaming!

Show first post

295 replies

Bit of old school tech but got to be computer battleships great fun when we where young. Good fun after a few family drinks now . Kids don't understand it though 

I’m a board game kinda player gotta love a game of scrabble or back in my kid days absolutely loved “Moviemaker” actors directors etc 

Board game was Ghost Castle, video definitely Tomb Raider ….

Candy crush saga

Sonic the Hedgehog - that foot was always tapping waiting for me!

We are learning to play Catan, it is fast becoming our favourite.

Userlevel 2

There was nothing wrong with pong! No one ever had to upgrade their machine to play it. I once had a very early copy of Prince of Persia but that was about thirty years ago. These days I stick to MS card games with occasional forays into Tetris. I spend far to much time on a keyboard as it is.

Ticket to Ride - a board game that you can learn quickly, keeps you on your toes and is very competitive for 2 to 4 players. 

Each player builds as many railway tracks described in their dealt cards.

Limited track, limited resources and the game ends when one player runs out of their coloured track pieces.

I would say minecraft

I’m so old school that my favourite game is monopoly lol

Userlevel 1

It as to be Monopoly still as good now as it was over 40 years ago.

Userlevel 1

For me it is Cyberpunk 2077. I was just addicted to the game and is one of the few games I've finished and got all trophies. 

Userlevel 1

A classic "new oldie"...Carcassonne 

Userlevel 1

Dungeons and dragons for me- epic transfer from board game to digital with pre-existing figures to start off in the digital world.  Lots of well pre-trained gamers to start.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I still like Plants vs Zombies.

At the end of the day I do a few rounds of Spider Solitaire but I really don’t think that counts so will go with Plants vs Zombies and yes, I remember Pong and the excitement in our house when we were all gathered around watching two small lines and a ball bouncing erratically as the game speeded up.

Early days, simple funl 😊

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Old school I know, but Asteroids was the video game for me, with Monopoly and Scrabble topping my list of board games. 
🙂

Gotta say one of my best was Axe on Dos also unreal tournament was so fun when it was released. 

Ticket to ride boardgames has been my fave recently 

I always loved Pokemon as a kid but I have to say one of my favourite games to play with others is Mario Party! 😅 love a game with some spooks in it too though 

At the moment it has to be Pokémon Unite on the Switch. I'm a bit addicted to it.

My favourite video game would have to be fantasy life. I love the open world and ability to do whatever I want. Have racked up over 300hrs over the years, and can't wait for the sequel later this year! 

Userlevel 1

Good old fashioned minesweeper is my game of choice on my mobile.

Userlevel 1

Right now it’s got to be We ❤️ Katamari! The whole family loves it, and while my daughter doesn’t play, she likes to watch and then countdown the last ten seconds of the timer, then she shouts to let me know the time is up with a sassy, “Sorry, Daddy!” 😅

I didn't grow up with a lot of games when I was younger and did a lot of reading instead. As I've got older, I enjoy more puzzle based games than action/shooter games, although I do still enjoy some of the classics like Super Mario and Donkey Kong. I do like card based games too like Cards Against Humanity is it encourages people to release their true levels of depravity! 

Userlevel 1

Scrabble Go above all else. On all my devices!