Blog

What’s new in the world of tech? - August 2021

What’s new in the world of tech? - August 2021

Show first post

99 replies

Userlevel 1

I saw someone build a circular device that had a hole in the centre, I think they said they where “wheels” or something. They had 4 of these wheels and attached them to the four corners of a sort of table, “cart” I think they called it. Not sure if it will catch on mind.

Userlevel 1

What technological advancements or pieces of tech have you seen, heard about or purchased that’s got you excited?

A lot of technology has improved like 5g cloud gaming but I think food tech has been slept on. AirFryer is a piece of tech that once you have you can’t go back it’s fast cheap and healthy what more could you ask for. I’ve never had an oppo and to be fair i think it’s time for a change from iPhones unless the new iPhone13 is a breakthrough 

Userlevel 1

I think 5G and cloud gaming ain’t as my expectations but still they are new how ever food tech is game changing like AirFryer it’s faster cheaper and healthier I think food tech had definitely been slept on

Userlevel 1

This pandemic took its turn in the United Kingdom to become a “pingdemic” since the app by National Health Service pings many employees to be self-quarantine for  ten days as they makes any connection with a sufferer. 

____________________---

Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@WelshPaul I agree, it is such a cool advancement. I still believe the future of mobiles, possibly in the 2050’s will be a simple piece of metal that you pull up and the screen will be a hologram/projection. Ha. Maybe a bit too soon for that, but I definitely think these heavy phones will disappear in decades to come. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Essmack90 Wow, you really did you research and know your stuff there! They all sounds like brilliant advancements and improvements that will sure benefit everyone. For me, my favourite one of the ones you have listed is improving traffic, I feel like it’s getting worse and worse lol. Plus lowering emissions is always a good thing. 

Emil

Userlevel 1

Took 7 days for my phone to arrive 🤣🤣🤣 can't even get the dates to port my existing number over from E.E, suppose to take 1-2 days as stated on your sight, 4 days later still stuck with a random number. 

I expect cost of high end mobiles to drop over the next few years.

iD may also increase the number of mobile phones it allows access on its 5g network !!!

I think the electric car industry and more importantly it's charging network has to develop.   Cost is prohibitive at present.  Also range anxiety, charge locations, cost and quantity needs to be addressed

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’m not sure @WelshPaul.

Any ideas @Emil ?

Will

Love this phone and I would love to win it x

XboxCloud gaming.

I’m interested in the crossover/merger between phones and tablets.  I’ve seen some new folding phones, I want to be able to unfold a phone to create a 2x bigger screen, and plug in a little keyboard.

This is going to mean I’m more mobile with work and personal tasks. 

Can’t wait to see what the industry consensus on this will be.

Userlevel 1

Nice phone. Love to have this phone

I like the phone and it be nice to have one

Cloud baised gaming is a fantastic development, however Internet connectivity dropping out, can have a negative impact on the Cloud based experience, but with the development of cheaper 5g this should improve and with new phones like the foldable in production, the whole experience is going to be even more enjoyable.

Eye tracking software implemented into VR headsets. I think this opens up opportunities for virtual reality generally. For video games it could drastically improve gameplay and mechanics that allow for a more immersive gaming experience. 

Good spec phone and a very reasonable price. would love to win it.

Userlevel 1

would love to win as my phone is not the best atm

Userlevel 1

AI and Automation. Less tech hardware and more software, but things can be done so much quicker, cheaper and easier than having a human to push a button. From the monotonous admin work of the every day office, to identifying scans for health conditions and even examining legal cases. Consistency, cost and speed. What will it do to the workforce though. Interesting times. 

Great phone I would to win. 

Really, to look after the planet is first as out there, nobody can hear you scream if a problem (hence like in Alien).  So ecological tech it must be to clean this Earth and it is doable!  Samsung is brilliant of green cell phones, : for example,the Galaxy exhilarate is an Android smartphone that is made with 80 percent post-consumer waste material and comes with a very efficient charger.  The phone get much attention right now, as it is mostly made of recycled materials and because, as an Android phone, it can take the place of so many other gadgets like tlike on an Iphone: I hope the Uk will follow!

I've been thinking about a new handset, and have heard great things about Oppo!

This is a competition I can't miss!!

Thank you ID mobile 😊

Upgraded from an Asus P1801 Android 4.2 tablet to a Samsung Galaxy S5e running Android 11 - also upgraded from Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 6.0.1 phone to Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T 5G running Android 11 

Userlevel 1

Any mobile with a battery which lasts longer than my old Apple phone’s 6 hours has to be worth having!

I love a new phone!!!

Why iD Mobile?